Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: What makes a person pick up a Book.... an interesting Cover or Title, right?
I don't smile because I don't want to disclose that I have missing teeth!

What? I'm serious! laughinglaughinglaughing

I can laugh now, because none of you can see tongue
Aug 25th 2013 new
Dave, I did not mean to quote your response, but instead the original post...

Not only do I have missing teeth (actually I do have them in a jar), but I have fat fingers too.... sigh.

Now if could just find that jar...
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Marie-358484 said: Great networking Dave!

Preferably, i feel that a list of the latest books, seminars and/or classes, movies, radio, and television would be more useful to have a good profile of than the pic since what goes in must come out.

The prettier the pic, the less likely i am to think he's "real" since character only has a slight bit to do with a man/woman,'s character. Thus, a Ken doll type pic is not going to interest me half as much (or at all) as a list of favorite literature, etc . . .
Oh Marie, you are onto something there!

I would love to see someone post some book lists here.

I recently saw a list of classic Catholic movies on one of the threads here and I loved it. I also loved the add-ons many were recommending. One about books would be awesome! If the list was categorized, so much the better.
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-975374 said: Respondeo dicendum traditionalists never smile

I also don't have pics of me smiling, and if I ever try take selfies of me smiling I feel twice as lame. It's also a running joke in my family that's now kinda a part of me; since I was a kid I'd purposefully frown in photos to annoy my mom. I haven't grown up yet thanks be to God.

It's hard to disguise good genes, young man!
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: Is there still no edit button? 'Maybe if I'm laughing.'
laughing That killed me Chris!

Oops, where that jar?
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Suzanne-818266 said: True enough, but then again there always is that adage "You can't judge a book by its cover"...
eyepopping weeping Nope, just how thick it is laughing And my darn nursing books are quite intimidating !!
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: Nope, just how thick it is And my darn nursing books are quite intimidating !!
laughing I hear what you're saying. Probably a lot like those biochem books when I was in college oh so many years agoi!!
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Angela-965276 said: So I guess my question is... Do you think that a profile picture should be given extra consideration?
We should be so grateful to have the luxury to put good photos up. And those that can should give it consideration and their better effort. But there are those who can't.
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Oh Marie, you are onto something there!

I would love to see someone post some book lists here.

I recently saw a list of classic Catholic movies on one of the threads here and I loved it. I also loved the add-ons many were recommending. One about books would be awesome! If the list was categorized, so much the better.
Let's do it but we probably should do so by starting another post. Shall we say top Catholic reading, top political, top Classical, top Mystery, top Science Fiction, etc . . .? biggrin scratchchin
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Leah-964356 said:

I wonder if people put too much emphasis on profile pictures. I for one do not like any of my profile pictures that I have had on this site. I have been told that pictures don`t capture the "essence of Leah". Not completely sure what my co-worker meant, but it made me wonder, if we have an unattractive profile picture or pictures who do not capture the essence of ourselves, are we doomed to fail at online dating?

What may not appeal good to our eyes may look good for them and feel good about making that their profile picture otherwise they won't pick it. ..
Posts 21 - 30 of 56