Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Albert-146514 said: It was a perfect beach-day , 80 degree temperature , low humidity , and un-limited visibility; the views of Long Island Sound and the Manhattan sky-line are spectacular.The Island is always orderly and never crowded,

I'm off again today , and I'll be boarding the 2:30 ferry to enjoy another splendid beach day in the best possible environment; high-tide at 3:30.
Albert that sounds like my kind of Beach day. I can't wait till it starts to cool down a bit in September.. right now it's in the mid-upper 90s and blazing hot! Thanks for sharing.. biggrin Praying
Aug 25th 2013 new
I bowl in a mixed league on Friday night's from Sept to May. Saturday mornings during the warmer month's I help out in the church vegetable garden then usually work a shift at my part time job. Saturday night is date night with Netflix (usually a chick flick) and popcorn. Sunday morning is Mass, jail ministry, out to breakfast/lunch with fellow ministry volunteers, then I try to catch a festival or fair ( ie: lobster, blueberry, folk, Blue Hill, Common Ground) during the summer or catch some football in the fall.
Aug 25th 2013 new
It's been a little too hot lately for me to get out and about. So my best times are in the evenings. Also, I've been exceedingly busy the last couple years, so I finally have a chance to slow down for a bit (only one college course this semester). So I don't know what to do... smile
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Albert that sounds like my kind of Beach day. I can't wait till it starts to cool down a bit in September.. right now it's in the mid-upper 90s and blazing hot! Thanks for sharing..
I remember those hot, humid days in Winter Park when I had to drive to Orlando in a car with no a/c. I don't miss that, but I do miss the beautiful 70 days in February when I'm freezing up here in moose country.

Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Alex-314577 said: It's been a little too hot lately for me to get out and about. So my best times are in the evenings. Also, I've been exceedingly busy the last couple years, so I finally have a chance to slow down for a bit (only one college course this semester). So I don't know what to do...
Alex i remember when i lived in Az, and would travel over to Ca. to visit friends.. loved the way the weather cools down in the evenings with that breeze off the Ocean. I love Fl., too but unfortunately an hour away from the coast. Cali is such a great place.. there is so many activities you can do..from mtn biking, motorcross, surfing,,and i'm sure a lot more. Praying smile
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lori-990270 said: I bowl in a mixed league on Friday night's from Sept to May. Saturday mornings during the warmer month's I help out in the church vegetable garden then usually work a shift at my part time job. Saturday night is date night with Netflix (usually a chick flick) and popcorn. Sunday morning is Mass, jail ministry, out to breakfast/lunch with fellow ministry volunteers, then I try to catch a festival or fair ( ie: lobster, blueberry, folk, Blue Hill, Common Ground) during the summer or catch some football in the fall.
Hey Lori,, WELCOME to the Forums.. thank you for your post.
the few times i've bowled i have to say,, it's always been fun. So what's your (i almost said handicap-but that's Golf) avg Score? How do you like the Jail ministry? ,, my Aunt here in Fl was doing that for a while.. not sure if she still is.

And as far as those Feb days when the weather is in the 70s.. Yeaaaahhhh i'm luvin that. 
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Hey Lori,, WELCOME to the Forums.. thank you for your post.
the few times i've bowled i have to say,, it's always been fun. So what's your (i almost said handicap-but that's Golf) avg Score? How do you like the Jail ministry? ,, my Aunt here in Fl was doing that for a while.. not sure if she still is.

And as far as those Feb days when the weather is in the 70s.. Yeaaaahhhh i'm luvin that. 
Thanks for the welcome Dave. Glad to be here with you all on CM. My bowling average is 157. My golf handicap is too embarrassing to post. I like the jail ministry very much. Bringing the message of Jesus and his grace and mercy to those who are in need of hearing it is an honor. I am blessed to have the opportunity and ability to be involved in it.
On a lighter note I'm finding it a little coincidental that we have both lived in Winter Park and in Arizona. Phoenix and Show Low, Lakeside, Pinetop for me. Where in AZ for you?
Aug 25th 2013 new
I lived in good ole Yuma!!, for 2 1/2 yrs.. the only good thing about living there was i could go to San Diego or Phoenix!.. laughing laughing laughing
How long did you live in WP and when? biggrin
Aug 25th 2013 new
I am one who does work on weekends.. I go to Mass and try to get rest for the rest of the work week... :)
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Jennifer-939674 said: I am one who does work on weekends.. I go to Mass and try to get rest for the rest of the work week... :)
Amen!! to that.. my previous job i worked every 3 or 4th Saturday.. and i know it doesn't compare to working every Sat.. but man, i can tell you having Sunday only to recover..just aint enough! biggrin Praying
Posts 11 - 20 of 58