Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Have You Met Any Celebrities?

Aug 26th 2013 new
Most of us have....at one time or another. My questions are Who....and if you've had interaction with them? Worked with or "hung out" with them?
But even if you've just met them...let us know...and you don't have to remember them all at once! Just post as often as you like~
Okay...when I worked a well-known hotel here in Dallas as a bellhop during college I met Coach Vince Lombardi who had just taken over the Washington Redskins. I also met his wife Marie. He not only gave me an autograph but a good tip!
Your turn....
Aug 26th 2013 new
I rode in an elevator with basketball star David Robinson once. I was attending the Campus Crusade for Christ Christmas Conference during the last week of 1993 in Indianapolis. The Spurs were apparently in town for a game and David stopped by to speak to the conference.

Along with some fellow fans, I met Christian contemporary singer Cindy Morgan after a concert in August 1997 in Coolville, Ohio. A picture I had taken with her on that occasion is in my photo album (towards the end).

I've met bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent several times -- she is very friendly with her fans. The first time was in June 2006, after a concert near Fairmont, W.Va. I had my picture taken with her; the next time I saw her, later that summer, I took a print of that photo with me and she gladly autographed it. It hangs proudly in my computer room.

A second photo I had taken with Rhonda, in May of last year at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo., is in my CM photo gallery.
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: I rode in an elevator with basketball star David Robinson once. I was attending the Campus Crusade for Christ Christmas Conference during the last week of 1993 in Indianapolis. The Spurs were apparently in town for a game and David stopped by to speak to the conference.

Along with some fellow fans, I met Christian contemporary singer Cindy Morgan after a concert in August 1997 in Coolville, Ohio. A picture I had taken with her on that occasion is in my photo album (towards the end).

I've met bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent several times -- she is very friendly with her fans. The first time was in June 2006, after a concert near Fairmont, W.Va. I had my picture taken with her; the next time I saw her, later that summer, I took a print of that photo with me and she gladly autographed it. It hangs proudly in my computer room.

A second photo I had taken with Rhonda, in May of last year at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo., is in my CM photo gallery.
Wow Zoom! Great you had the photo ops too!
I'll have to find it....but once had my photo taken with race car driver Richard Petty
Aug 26th 2013 new
Many moons and "lbs" ago....I ran in a marathon. Before I did....I went to a runners shop to pick up my T-shirt and entry #. I also bought some items there. It just so happened Olympic Gold winner (in marathon) Frank Shorter was there signing autographed pictures. I can remember asking for his advice for my "first" marathon. He told me the tendency would be to get "caught up" in the excitement and go out too fast. He said to purposely "slow it down" As it turned out...this advice was excellent...as I needed everything I had to get through the last 4-5 miles!
Aug 26th 2013 new
I met and photographed Gemini 10 Astronauts Collins and Young on 21 July 1965. I was the ship's photographer on the USS Guadalcanal (LPH-7) their recovery ship.
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I met and photographed Gemini 10 Astronauts Collins and Young on 21 July 1965. I was the ship's photographer on the USS Guadalcanal (LPH-7) their recovery ship.
My word! That is awesome Peter!
Aug 26th 2013 new
Speaking of race car drivers. My ex-wife and I were going to a Texas Rangers Baseball game. Lo and behold in the "brand new" pickup getting out next to us was Jeff Gordon and his wife/girlfriend. She said, "Is that who I think it is?" I said "Yup" So she motioned for me to get his autograph which I did. He was in his first or second year and was pretty nice about it!
Aug 26th 2013 new
I have a couple of claims to fame, as I like to call them! I sat in front of Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi at a Police concert. They were doing their Blues Brothers dance to one of the songs! (Sadly, JB was with the woman that night that he was with the night that he died of a drug overdose.) Also, my godmother was acquainted with John Belushi's mother - small (sad) world.
Aug 26th 2013 new
Well those two are really good ones! So sad though about John though. I know there were similarities with Chris Farley's death too. I do like (Jim) Belushi too though.
Aug 26th 2013 new
I don't know that he got many roles after the movie: "Shenandoah" starring James Stewart...but I met Phillip Alford who played the young son...they were looking for the whole movie~ He would come down to the hotel lobby where I worked and talk to me every day for the whole week he was there~
Posts 1 - 10 of 137