Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 26th 2013 new
Rachel had to add a few things to her To Do list this morning....
She got up early and made coffeecake as first day of school family tradition dictates and even had all the counters, table, mixing bowls, etc clean before the kids got up.
Rachel took pictures of her senior daughter as she hurried out the door taking her breakfast with her while her youngest two girls were sitting down enjoying their cake.
Rachel got out the milk when suddenly she saw a tiny daddylongleg on her hand!!!
and dropped the pitcher of milk!!!!!! :((((
Only a few inches were left so that was good
But
Rachel needed to wipe up the kitchen and dining room floors, wash the door frame between them, wash the sides and top of dishwasher and cupboards, take another shower, and change her milky clothes!! :{
Oh, and go shopping for more milk
...and wine...
Rachel had also to clean up a mess a cat made on the walk outside her door.
The rest of Rachel's To Do list for today included:
vacuum 3rd floor playroom/boys' room, 3 sets of stairs, 4 main bedrooms, main floor rooms, clean 3 bathrooms, wash kitchen, dining room, mudroom, 3 baths floors, empty mudroom, wash walls and shelves, wash sandals and flipflops and dry in sun, air out all jackets and coats, wash 5 loads of laundry and hang out to dry, clean van interior, start supper in crockpot so she can go to pool as soon as J and T are home and swim mile.
Oh, and pay some bills and assorted paperwork..

Aug 26th 2013 new
Dave has to go home to rest after simply reading Rachel's todo list has worn him out eyepopping
Aug 26th 2013 new
Update: after finishing all the chores on her list, Rachel was relaxing with a glass of water when she heard the bus that would drop her kids off. She turned quickly, spilling a bit of water and slipped, bashing her left foot into the corner of her cupboard. She now has 3 swollen toes and has cancelled swimming for today as it would be painful to kick her left foot for a mile and also the kids are 'too hot' to go swimming! Perhaps she'll tackle the mending?
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Update: after finishing all the chores on her list, Rachel was relaxing with a glass of water when she heard the bus that would drop her kids off. She turned quickly, spilling a bit of water and slipped, bashing her left foot into the corner of her cupboard. She now has 3 swollen toes and has cancelled swimming for today as it would be painful to kick her left foot for a mile and also the kids are 'too hot' to go swimming! Perhaps she'll tackle the mending?
Poor Rachel..ouch!Anne asks Rachel "what is a Mud room??"
Anne is guilty of Skyping into to the wee hours and not disciplining herself in that area rolling eyes
Her son now has his licence and is in the process of getting his own car, Anne can look forward to not having to drive as much :)
Today Anne must mow the lawn,weed the garden and begin shifting young roses,gooseberries,cut back berrycanes and tie the vicious things up in order,spread compost and clean up the garden in general.Her fruit trees are coming out in blossom!...Time to run...

Aug 26th 2013 new
Dear Anne -- Rachel answers... a mudroom is an entry way room for storing all the coats, shoes, hats, gloves, boots, etc and for stopping all the mud and grass and other assorted grit and particles that often come in the house on shoes, etc. Rachel loves her mudroom. With 6 children, it makes everything so much easier to keep clean. Except the mudroom, of course -- keeping shoes for 5 females neat is difficult no matter what!
Rachel's toes are much better, but wearing shoes doesn't sound good to her yet. So glad for upper 80F temps!
Aug 26th 2013 new
Wendy read Dave's post and had to laughing

W tells Rachel....you go girl!

W could actually have a "to do" list to rival Rachel's, but W has learned to live by the motto from a plaque on her Christmas wreath (I cleaned my house last week, sorry you missed it!) laughing

(..... W really doesn't live in a dirty house)
Aug 26th 2013 new
I'm planning my mother's 75th surprise birthday party coming up in 2-1/2 weeks. The number of invitees is up to 60 and we still have 40 more to hear from. My mother does not have a clue. I am still contacting cousins on both sides of the family. It has been years...

My five brothers and sisters are coming from around the world, well, ok, the US. TX, CA & Western Canada to name some. My mother told me she didn't want a big ordeal for her birthday. Of course, not, Mom. wink

In JMJ+
Me
Aug 26th 2013 new
Kathleen, you will not regret spending the time arranging your mom's 75th birthday party. Happy memories, time spent w/loved ones are what's most important!

Margo only worked 5 hrs todays. She and her s on went out to eat at an all you can eat Chinese-food buffet. Yum. It is so hot and muggy in Wisconsin now that some visitors from Florida are complaining about the heat. Really. faint
Aug 26th 2013 new
M notes it is hotter up here duNord than it is in FLA today, or than it will be this weekend when I visit the lil' vacation home. M also thanks St Anthony for prayers answered... after searching all evening for M's wallet, including going back to work twice, M was about to give up for the night, take a shower and go to bed... and lo and behold, what should be innocently laying in the top dresser drawer amidst the "whites" that M took out of the dryer upon returning home embarassed

Aug 26th 2013 new
Anne, here's a term, like mud room, from the Great Plains: Shelter belt. A shelter belt is a line of trees, or several straight lines of trees, that are planted on a farm, usually near the farmhouse, to prevent erosion. The Great Plains were severely affected by the Dust Bowl in the 1930s, so this is part of the solution to fight eroision.
Posts 41 - 50 of 200