Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: Hippa? Gonna DANCE your way around the floor or going to the zoo to see thr HIPPOs?
laughing No, I was at the zoo earlier today moving my daughter into the U of M sad sad sad I'm homesick already!
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: No, I was at the zoo earlier today moving my daughter into the U of M I'm homesick already!
Cathy! My daughter just flew back Friday to U of M to start classes today! Are our daughters at the same school? Is your U of M the University of Miami in Florida too?? cool! fluffy
Aug 26th 2013 new
It can be hard at times, I agree. I have found a certain 'fit' within CM. I am not as conservative as some, but we still share a depth of commitment to our Faith. That is why I will remain here awhile. The folks I have met are genuinely kind, prayerful, and sincere in their care for others. I, for one, need that circle of friendly thoughtfulness and support. There are men & women that I would truly like to share time with just because they are interesting and funny as well as smart! You folks know who you are and know how dear you are to me!
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Cathy! My daughter just flew back Friday to U of M to start classes today! Are our daughters at the same school? Is your U of M the University of Miami in Florida too?? cool!
Hmm, seeing Cathy's location, I'll put $5 on the University of Minnesota :)

As a native Minnesotan, I am scandalized enough that occasionally my current institution, the University of Michigan, gets associated with the precious 'U of M' moniker (but not really that often). But to have it be somewhere outside the Big 10 eyepopping
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: Hmm, seeing Cathy's location, I'll put $5 on the University of Minnesota :)

As a native Minnesotan, I am scandalized enough that occasionally my current institution, the University of Michigan, gets associated with the precious 'U of M' moniker (but not really that often). But to have it be somewhere outside the Big 10
Well -- we live in PA, so I took a chance because that'd be neat! It's a small chance, but a possibility,so I asked! We'll see if Cathy answers...
But... your money is probably safe, Adam wink
Aug 26th 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: Hmm, seeing Cathy's location, I'll put $5 on the University of Minnesota :)

As a native Minnesotan, I am scandalized enough that occasionally my current institution, the University of Michigan, gets associated with the precious 'U of M' moniker (but not really that often). But to have it be somewhere outside the Big 10
Well, as the mother of a real U of M graduate, and having written a number of checks to the place, I assure you that THE REAL U of M is the one&only UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN !
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Well, as the mother of a real U of M graduate, and having written a number of checks to the place, I assure you that THE REAL U of M is the one&only UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN !
OK, but my daughter goes to the one-and-only "The U"!!!
Aug 27th 2013 new
Back in 1996, when my son & friends were High School Seniors, they were at a concert and a group girls were there wearing tee shirts with linked CC on them just like the ones that the boys at Detroit Catholic Central wore at Matt's all male high school. Not recognizing the girls, and assuming they knew every good looking groups of teen women in the area, they approached the girls and asked who they knew at CC, and why were they wearing CC tee shirts. The girls said they went there, which of course was not possible. Instead of trying to clarify which CC each were attending, they began to argue. The girls who went to CC in Grand Rapids, MI apparently wrote to the boys school complaining that they were treated rudely by the boys. The four boys, easily identified as Matt, Matt, Matt, and Pat had to write letters of apology! While at the U, as in U of M, two of the girls ran into Matt & Matt and explained how they figured the boys had made up their names. (To this day the 3 Matt's are best buddies!)
Posts 111 - 118 of 118