Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

2013 Nfl season...

Aug 26th 2013 new
In this thread we talk about our favorite teams,least favorite teams,answer an occasional survey question and make weekly predictions.
Go Vikings!
Aug 26th 2013 new
Sounds great to me! Can't wait for preseason to end. For us fans I think the games are useless. Go 'Skins, Boo Dallas.
Aug 26th 2013 new
This topic sounds just right to me.......Go Vikes, Boo Dallas!!
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Gerard-400247 said: In this thread we talk about our favorite teams,least favorite teams,answer an occasional survey question and make weekly predictions.
Go Vikings!
highfive

I'm here ! Present as always! Can't wait for Football season to start! Although I'm really enjoying the pre season and been wondering about who would make the 53-man roster tomorrow...

Go 9ners!

On a side note, my membership is expiring soon...
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Reena-961146 said:

I'm here ! Present as always! Can't wait for Football season to start! Although I'm really enjoying the pre season and been wondering about who would make the 53-man roster tomorrow...

Go 9ners!

On a side note, my membership is expiring soon...
About the game last Sunday night. Just keep one thing in mind young lady.....bragging is a SIN. irked
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-950062 said: Sounds great to me! Can't wait for preseason to end. For us fans I think the games are useless. Go 'Skins, Boo Dallas.
Aww come on Mary! What did the Cowboys ever do to your Skins? I mean just because we own the Skins on the ALL TIME games series (since the inception of the Cowboys) doesn't mean we can't be nice! LOL! I will say this. I have about as much respect for Daniel Snyder as.....well....our own owner; Jerry Jones! Which is ZERO~
You do have to admit though.....the RIVALRY is one of the BEST in the NFL! Good Luck!
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: This topic sounds just right to me.......Go Vikes, Boo Dallas!!
Man....even Gerard is nicer to the Cowboys than you Tom wink Good Luck to your Vikes anyway!
Aug 27th 2013 new
Jerry -- You are correct about both owners. I think the rivalry intensified when the Cowboys proclaimed they were "America's Team." I remember when Joe Bellino was Dallas' quarterback and was injured in a game with the Skins. I was sorry he was hurt but here was our chance to win the game. The backup quarterback was a little known player named Roger Staubach. The Cowboys slaughtered us.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-950062 said: Jerry -- You are correct about both owners. I think the rivalry intensified when the Cowboys proclaimed they were "America's Team." I remember when Joe Bellino was Dallas' quarterback and was injured in a game with the Skins. I was sorry he was hurt but here was our chance to win the game. The backup quarterback was a little known player named Roger Staubach. The Cowboys slaughtered us.
Mary I don't recall Joe Bellino. The only ones I remember from back then were Don Meredith and Craig Morton.
Roger eventually WAS the starting quarterback from Navy. Seems as though the Joe Bellino I remember was from Navy though....but was a running back. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway...another bit of trivia was Staubach was injured playing against your guys one Thanksgiving. A fellow named Clint "Mad Bomber" Longley from Abilene Christian College (here in Texas) and started heaving bombs. That game was close though. Later Longley and Staubach got into a fight in the practice locker room and Longley was released not long after
Aug 27th 2013 new
I met Sonny Jurgensen one time. Before there was a Dallas Cowboys football team both he and Johnny Unitas were my favorite players.
I met Jurgensen while working at a hotel (the same one mentioned in the celebrity thread) He was always partying...and slapping backs and was one of the last to make it in.....just before the Skins curfew. (Lombardi was coach)
When he was traded from the Philadelphia Eagles to the Redskins it was a huge deal...because this guy could WIN with that big arm of his! I remember the ribbing he got from local sportscasters there in Washington about his growing "pot belly" His terse reply was...."Well I don't throw the football with my belly!"
When I saw the Redskins itinerary of activities building up to their game with Dallas back then.... on Sunday the first thing on the list was "TEAM MASS" Knowing not all the players were Catholic...I asked Sonny and another great player named Charlie Taylor (from Grand Prairie, Tx)..."Why does it say "Team Mass?" Jurgensen replied; "Cuz Coach Lombardi makes all of us go!" (Taylor was nodding his head in affirmation) LOL!
Posts 1 - 10 of 200