Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 25th 2013 new
I lived in Winter Park from 1989-1991. Back when that area was booming and subdivisions were being built all around Orlando. I'm sure it has changed a lot since then. I wasn't Catholic when I lived there. I went to an Episcopal church but don't remember the name of it. I did take my mother-in-law to Mass sometimes. Is there a St Joseph's church?
Aug 26th 2013 new
Hike, kayak, dance, work on my yard, pretty much in that order.
Aug 26th 2013 new
This last weekend was pretty low key. Concert with a friend on Friday. Saturday bike ride with another friend to Jacklondon Square in Oakland. At sausages next to the water at a German place. Dinner out at a pub. Sunday, studied for a potential job interview and worked on my house.
Next weekend is a holiday, Whooohoooo. Camping and hotsprings. My all-time favorite activity:o)
Aug 26th 2013 new
I've taken up long distance cycling. I'm preparing for my first official event in early September, riding 150 miles in two days. So, I spend a lot of time on my bike! Last weekend I rode over 100 miles. I also have a group of friends from my parish that I do social events with.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Hike, kayak, dance, work on my yard, pretty much in that order.
Nice Ann.. gotta keep the Priorities in order..right. biggrin
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-695247 said: This last weekend was pretty low key. Concert with a friend on Friday. Saturday bike ride with another friend to Jacklondon Square in Oakland. At sausages next to the water at a German place. Dinner out at a pub. Sunday, studied for a potential job interview and worked on my house.
Next weekend is a holiday, Whooohoooo. Camping and hotsprings. My all-time favorite activity:o)
Octoberfest ..around the corner. biggrin What kind of work are you doing on your house? It seems like i always have something to do on mine. I just got done (in june) with a 2mth project of re-sodding my front yard and putting in landscape lighting - not a job for the faint of heart or anyone that doesn't like to sweat! biggrin
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: I've taken up long distance cycling. I'm preparing for my first official event in early September, riding 150 miles in two days. So, I spend a lot of time on my bike! Last weekend I rode over 100 miles. I also have a group of friends from my parish that I do social events with.
WOW... that's all i can say, Wow! 150 miles?! I'd be lucky if i could do 20 maybe 30. We've gone 8-12 miles trail riding on mtn bikes,,but even that cant even come close to what you do. Cycling is fun especially when you do it with a group.. and such a great way to meet up and make new friends. A local bike shop usually does a group ride 1x or 2x a month, and i need to get out there and ride with them- of course when it starts getting cooler next month. biggrin
Aug 27th 2013 new
I tore out and remodeled the back bathroom. Finally JUST got the plumbing to stop leaking. Not a perfect job...the tile is a little crooked, but oh well...
Aug 27th 2013 new
Well, I've owned my own garden center/pet food center for over 20 years. Just like farmers, small business owners may seem to 'have it all' as far as freedom goes, but there is a price to pay...no clocking in at 9am and out by 5pm! Weekends? What are THEY?!?!? The kids are back in school...and I'm still waiting for my summer vacation to begin! laughing

All jokes aside, weekends are mostly spent with family grilling out, playing with the little ones, going on Sunday drives, family meals and birthday parties and friends, especially my new friends I met on this CM site and on FB, the CAMA Indy group ~ you know who you are! wave And ~ all are welcome to join us. It isn't necessary to live in Indiana or even the Midwest. I am attending a concert given by Chicago this weekend, The Beatles Tribute Band a few weeks later, and a HUGE annual BINGO to benefit the Little Sisters of the Poor after that.

Of course, weekend Mass is the highlight. Praying Catching up on yard work and chores that never seem to end is a given. boggled

Another BIG weekend coming up is the 2nd weekend in Oct. for the annual CAMA Indy CM Camp Out, being held this year at my cabin/lake in Loogootee. Check out Mary's post in Member Meet Ups (it's not listed under the Events section as yet). If you enjoy camping, campfires, hayrides, fishing, goldfish carving pumpkins, corn hole games, etc. and meeting new single Catholic friends, consider joining us! We'll even have a rosary procession rosary around the lake (weather permitting) and around the campfire and attend 5pm Sat. Mass as a group.

And young ladies, my handsome, single son Chris will be there driving the tractor for the hayride! lovestruck!

Aug 27th 2013 new
Yes this weekend floating not hike sadly yard work yet again. :-/
Posts 21 - 30 of 58