Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 27th 2013 new
I run in a 5K or 10K race or captain and/or crew on a 27 foot Catalina on the Hudson River. bergen.sailseas.com

www.meetup.com
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Yes this weekend floating not hike sadly yard work yet again. :-/
I know the feeling.. i spent 6hrs last Sunday doing yardwork.. and i'm sore. boggled
Aug 27th 2013 new
I used to work all the time: full-time day job, taught voice and went to rehearsals at night, taught voice all day Saturday, do the Sat. Mass, then all the Sunday Masses. I had Sunday afternoons off, and they usually entailed a nap!

So, now, for the first time in my adult life, I'm doing a whole lot of nothing on weekends - needlework, reading, dvd watching, music listening, and often dinner or brunch with some friends. I love it, for now!
Aug 27th 2013 new
Meet a wonderful girl from Greenwich , CT !!!!

m.youtube.com
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: or captain and/or crew on a 27 foot Catalina on the Hudson River. http://bergen.sailseas.com/

http://www.meetup.com/SEAS-Bergen-County-Sailing-Meetup/
Jim,, that's one heck of a way to spend the weekend.. any pics of you Captaining the boat? biggrin
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: Well, I've owned my own garden center/pet food center for over 20 years. Just like farmers, small business owners may seem to 'have it all' as far as freedom goes, but there is a price to pay...no clocking in at 9am and out by 5pm! Weekends? What are THEY?!?!? The kids are back in school...and I'm still waiting for my summer vacation to begin!

All jokes aside, weekends are mostly spent with family grilling out, playing with the little ones, going on Sunday drives, family meals and birthday parties and friends, especially my new friends I met on this CM site and on FB, the CAMA Indy group ~ you know who you are! And ~ all are welcome to join us. It isn't necessary to live in Indiana or even the Midwest. I am attending a concert given by Chicago this weekend, The Beatles Tribute Band a few weeks later, and a HUGE annual BINGO to benefit the Little Sisters of the Poor after that.

Of course, weekend Mass is the highlight. Catching up on yard work and chores that never seem to end is a given.

Another BIG weekend coming up is the 2nd weekend in Oct. for the annual CAMA Indy CM Camp Out, being held this year at my cabin/lake in Loogootee. Check out Mary's post in Member Meet Ups (it's not listed under the Events section as yet). If you enjoy camping, campfires, hayrides, fishing, carving pumpkins, corn hole games, etc. and meeting new single Catholic friends, consider joining us! We'll even have a rosary procession around the lake (weather permitting) and around the campfire and attend 5pm Sat. Mass as a group.

And young ladies, my handsome, single son Chris will be there driving the tractor for the hayride!

Wow.. not missing a beat in Indy.. Thanks for sharing Tracy. One of the larger parishes in Orlando, St. Mary Mag has it's Fall festival in October.. and the turn out is something like 10k-20k people. I think i'll try to get the Orlando CMers and see if they want to get together again. biggrin biggrin
Aug 27th 2013 new
Tonight pickelball, tomorrow is wallyball and tennis!
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-695247 said: I tore out and remodeled the back bathroom. Finally JUST got the plumbing to stop leaking. Not a perfect job...the tile is a little crooked, but oh well...
.. as much as i'd love to remodel my bathroom i've never thought that it would be something i could do by myself. Congrats on tackling a job like that! biggrin
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bridgid-151982 said: I used to work all the time: full-time day job, taught voice and went to rehearsals at night, taught voice all day Saturday, do the Sat. Mass, then all the Sunday Masses. I had Sunday afternoons off, and they usually entailed a nap!

So, now, for the first time in my adult life, I'm doing a whole lot of nothing on weekends - needlework, reading, dvd watching, music listening, and often dinner or brunch with some friends. I love it, for now!
My Mom used to tell me .. "all work and no play makes Jack... " well i'm sure you know the rest. I wouldn't say you're doing nothing.. sounds like you are.. and loving it! biggrin
Aug 28th 2013 new
Weekends are a good time for me to do some fun things by myself or get together with friends.
Over the summer there are things going on in Louisville alot of the time.
I attended a church picnic with my friend earlier in the summer. Those are so fun!
I go out to eat and talk with friends as well.
Thanks for the topic.
Have a nice one-
Posts 31 - 40 of 58