Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found or unavailable

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Aug 25th 2013 new
Praying
Aug 25th 2013 new
Heavenly Father, we pray for Barbara 's sister. May she be at peace as she makes her journey home to be with you and the angels and all of the saints. We also pray for those close to her, that they seek and find comfort and healing as they grieve the loss of their loved one. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Aug 25th 2013 new
Praying
Aug 27th 2013 new

The Prayer of St. Patrick

I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;
Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of the wind,
Depth of the sea,
Stability of the earth,
Firmness of the rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's hosts to save me
Afar and anear,
Alone or in a mulitude.

Christ shield me today
Against wounding
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through the mighty strength
Of the Lord of creation.

Aug 27th 2013 new
May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.
Aug 27th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-740721 said: My sister was a dedicated nurse for many years. When she retired she did volunteer work to help those struggling with death. I was fortunate enough to have talked with her yesterday ,she passed last night. She was gracious enough to be an organ donor, so arrangements are pending. She was 71, please pray for her soul.
Barbara
Barb,
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. It sounds like you were close and that you enjoyed her company. I will pray for peace for you and your family. rosary theheart
Aug 27th 2013 new
Praying rosary Praying theheart Praying rosary Praying theheart Praying
Aug 30th 2013 new
rose I would like to thank everyone who was praying for my sister. Those thoughts, prayers and kind words are comforting, and greatly appreciated. rosary rose
We are planning the memorial service for sometime in Sept. We are also remembering her departed husband who passed several years ago, their ashes will be spread together. theheart
with sincere gratitude , Barbara
Sep 23rd 2013 new
Update, I just returned from a week of being out of State. I traveled to my other sisters house and rode the rest of a " long ride" with her. It was a stressful time for me and I had to get out of the car twice on the Interstate to throw up! Once there I was ok. My brother flew in along with many other relatives from several different States.. The service was lovely and all went well. ( the spreading of the ashes didn't happen but was just someone else's idea).
Donna was the closest of all the siblings to me. Even thought she was 11 years older, she was like sister /mother to me. It was her that was there to support me in everything, calling even to see if I was ok when sick. We talked about lots and she was always there, a confidant. Always the loving caring thoughtful person.
I feel totally lost now that she is gone. sad ,Barbara
Praying rosary theheart
Sep 23rd 2013 new
Praying theheart
Barbara,
It sounds like you have been through a lot the last few days. Be sure to take care of yourself too.
Praying Praying
Mike
Posts 31 - 40 of 40