Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Glad I missed Miley

Aug 28th 2013 new
Anyone else glad they missed the wonderful performance Miss Miley put on. It's a good remind why I don't have cable or rarely watch more than 5 minutes of the news. :-/
Aug 28th 2013 new
Uh, what are you talking about? Uh who is she? Did I miss something? boggled laughing I really know who you are talking about and I am not interested.
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Anyone else glad they missed the wonderful performance Miss Miley put on. It's a good remind why I don't have cable or rarely watch more than 5 minutes of the news. :-/
I don't watch television, but one would have to be camping in the wilderness not to have heard of it. I feel sorry for child performers who grow up in the toxic, morally bankrupt environment of Hollywood. We can pray that she privately views her "performance" and is sufficiently embarrassed to see it as a watershed moment in her life.

A side note: Science now knows why some young people, usually males (teens to early twenties) engage in reckless, impulsive behavior- car surfing, the choking game, etc. Their brains are not yet fully developed, specifically the part of the brain that connects consequences to actions.
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I don't watch television, but one would have to be camping in the wilderness not to have heard of it. I feel sorry for child performers who grow up in the toxic, morally bankrupt environment of Hollywood. We can pray that she privately views her "performance" and is sufficiently embarrassed to see it as a watershed moment in her life.

A side note: Science now knows why some young people, usually males (teens to early twenties) engage in reckless, impulsive behavior- car surfing, the choking game, etc. Their brains are not yet fully developed, specifically the part of the brain that connects consequences to actions.
Well this child performer is almost 21. She will be the legal drinking age on the 23 of November this year. I am glad I don't read the tabloids. I can imagine what they are going to be saying about Miley within 3 months from now.
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Well this child performer is almost 21. She will be the legal drinking age on the 23 of November this year. I am glad I don't read the tabloids. I can imagine what they are going to be saying about Miley within 3 months from now.
Already a used up entertainment resource, just as the Onion uncannily predicted in 2008, as pointed out by Mark Shea.

www.patheos.com

Perhaps Disney ought to brought out before Congress and sued by parents for using up, tarting up, and spitting out their daughters in rapid progression from Britney Spears to Miley Cyrus to the next teen star to be put on magazine covers half-naked. This has happened so often that one suspects that the girls aren't entirely the ones going wild, but simply going according to plan.

As the St. Austin Review points out, the winners in all this are those who are paid by the eyeballs watching. The beast is out, but it's the banker holding the leash, as Kevin O'Brien points out.

www.staustinreview.com

As I've mentioned before, it is the media organizations which most claim to be "conservative" or "family friendly" like Disney and Fox that, though other arms of their entertainment empire, promote the destruction of family and faith.

Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Anyone else glad they missed the wonderful performance Miss Miley put on. It's a good remind why I don't have cable or rarely watch more than 5 minutes of the news. :-/
We may have missed it but it was plastered on every news show and morning
show.

What the heck was she doing? Between the tongue and the redundant
moves with that oversized hand, she was monotonous.

I wonder if she was sober when she went on?

Aug 29th 2013 new
I wouldn't let my young'uns watch her when she was Hannah Montana.
Practically all those Disney teen "starmaker" shows seemed like slo-mo train wrecks.

So we didn't miss anything then or now, because we never paid attention to that junk.
Aug 29th 2013 new
My first response was going to be Miley who? Not in that I don't know who she is, but more so that her day-to-day events of her life are so not important to my life, that I don't pay attention to who our media puts into the limelight.

I also have detoxed from our media. I do not have cable or any t.v. reception anymore, and haven't for several years. By choice. And it was one of the healthiest decisions I have made. I also (mostly) only listen to Christian stations on my radio on my commute to/from work.

So even though I haven't been camping out in the wilderness, I didn't even know "Miley" did anything.

And, I am glad I missed out on more of the crud that our media deems important and filtrates our screens with.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: We may have missed it but it was plastered on every news show and morning
show.

What the heck was she doing? Between the tongue and the redundant
moves with that oversized hand, she was monotonous.

I wonder if she was sober when she went on?

"she was monotonous"

That is the best description I've heard of this. I could be said of all these X-rated hucksters from Lady Gaga on, even that singer who appropriated and blasphemed the name of Our Lady for her transgressive acts.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jack-752986 said: I wouldn't let my young'uns watch her when she was Hannah Montana.
Practically all those Disney teen "starmaker" shows seemed like slo-mo train wrecks.

So we didn't miss anything then or now, because we never paid attention to that junk.
The only thing we've missed is phase one of a repeated "big reveal" that enables a perverse fetish. It's the "role model time bomb" that every parent that falls for it participates in, often unknowingly.

arlinghaus.typepad.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 22