Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

The Blood and the Rose (DVD)

Aug 28th 2013 new
thebloodandtherose.com

On December 9, 1531, the Blessed Virgin Mary first appeared to Juan Diego, an ordinary man of extraordinary faith. Juan Diego humbly embraced the call to serve as a Messenger Eagle. Today this apparition is known as "the Virgin of Guadalupe."The beautiful miracle of that day is chronicled in this story that begins with Mary's faith filled yes. This eternal struggle of good versus evil is the battle for our souls.

Sep 5th 2013 new
I'm not trying to encourage people not to watch this, but I'm leery of it since I haven't seen a good film relating to Catholicism since I watched The Song of Bernadette...and that's from 1949 if I'm remembering properly. Let us all know how it is if you watch it. smile
Sep 6th 2013 new
I got to see this movie last week and I was truly moved. We had the privilege of Mario St. Frances, a line producer for the movie come talk about how he got involved in the project. I have to say that it has a documentary feel to it especially during the first part. Obviously it is because they are laying out the history piece. I did not know the story of St. Juan Diego and our Lady of Guadalupe (Yes, it's blasphemy coming from Texas). It has got me interested in learning more about our beloved Mother and and Juan Diego. In Houston, we have a non profit organization, Casa Juan Diego and they are celebrating 33 years of charitable work!

Posts 1 - 3 of 3