Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Confused

Aug 27th 2013 new
Hi.. My First time to join CM and I've read Melissa's post about Giving up CM, am a bit confuse of how chat works here, is it okay to message someone's profile? was it not wrong for a woman to do the initiative to send messages, wink or add them as favorite?
Is there a way to chat someone even their not on your favorite lists? Am not in a hurry to find my match here, but is there really a way wherein you can chat one at least?

Thanks and God bless
Aug 27th 2013 new
Hello Rizavilla,

By all means, feel free to initiate messages and chats with whomever you wish, and they don't only have to men in your favorites list. If a person is online and open to chat, then you can chat with them in real-time. If not, then feel free to send them messages or emoticons.

Happy meetings to you, and welcome to CM! hug
Aug 27th 2013 new
Welcome!! Please jump right in. Do what you feel comfortable with. Use all of the features on the site. I have found that those who wait for things to appear in their inbox are dissatisfied. You'll get out of CM what you put into it. Oh, and don't forget to include The Lord in your search. Blessings!
Aug 28th 2013 new
Hi Dawn,

Thanks so much .. to be honest with you, I've been to dating sites yet being fooled and there are lots of scammers too.. maybe am used with their IM's and other options on how to communicate... Every time i go online here, i lift up everything to God... and let him lead my life and meet my possible match.. thanks again and may God bless you always
Aug 28th 2013 new
Thanks Bernadette,

maybe CM is really new to me, still need to read rules and other things that would help me to communicate to others..
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Rizavilla-990068 said: maybe CM is really new to me, still need to read rules and other things that would help me to communicate to others..
Feel free to message any of us women if you have questions. We talk to one another (message) all the time. Also, go to the women's discussion room for anything that you want to ask just us women! We are all Sisters in Christ!
Aug 29th 2013 new
Hi Christine,

thanks for the message... am beginning to love CM. maybe i should expect less and concentrate on what God wants to lead me. I learned to lift up to God my worries and concerns as he knows what best for me. I do appreciate the responses I've got here...
Whether some declined my chat, or no one even attempt to chat me on my favorite's list.. it's okay now... what important is am learning each day here.my faith is still here in my heart, that God will mold me.. i know too that when am ready, he will lead me to my match.. No regrets of joining CM.

Thanks so much
God bless you always...

Rizavilla
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Rizavilla-990068 said: Hi.. My First time to join CM and I've read Melissa's post about Giving up CM, am a bit confuse of how chat works here, is it okay to message someone's profile? was it not wrong for a woman to do the initiative to send messages, wink or add them as favorite?
Is there a way to chat someone even their not on your favorite lists? Am not in a hurry to find my match here, but is there really a way wherein you can chat one at least?

Thanks and God bless
Welcome Rizavilla,

It is appropriate for a woman to initiate conversation. You can also chat anyone by going to their profile and clicking on the chat button located below their profile header photo. Some people, however, do not appreciate cold chats so I would recommend writing them first and trying to establish a connection with them. Best of luck to you here.
Oh, and by the way, I'm glad to hear you're not in a hurry to find a match.





Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Rizavilla-990068 said: Hi Dawn,

Thanks so much .. to be honest with you, I've been to dating sites yet being fooled and there are lots of scammers too.. maybe am used with their IM's and other options on how to communicate... Every time i go online here, i lift up everything to God... and let him lead my life and meet my possible match.. thanks again and may God bless you always
Generally, read a profile, find something in common and write the person about it. Then let it go. If the other person is interested, you'll get a reply.
Avoid making the mistake of getting too hung up on one profile or the other. The profiles are here to help us find things in common.
If you haven't done it yet, take the Temperament Test and when you find someone who spins your record, use it to talk about each other's strengths and weaknesses.
Be open to making friends. A LOT of friends. Occasionally, Dawn will send you peppy emails just to make sure you're staying awake. ;)
Above all, have fun and keep praying for God to show you what his will is for your life.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) John-727073 said:
......Be open to making friends. A LOT of friends. Occasionally, Dawn will send you peppy emails just to make sure you're staying awake. ;) .....
laughing laughing Ain't that the truth! laughing laughing

Our lovely Lady Dawn reaches out to EVERYONE! She has the biggest heart I know, an infectious smile and laugh, and REALLY knows how to work this site! Honestly, her advice is golden, she knows what she's talking about. She has met a ton of folks from CM, and understands how to get the most out of this site that one possibly can!

Back to a comment to the OP - don't be discouraged by no responses to your communication attempts. Not everyone can communicate here, only the paying members can read and reply to your messages. Cast your net wide, talk to everyone, and don't limit yourself to talking to only one person until you've actually met them in person and feel they are exactly the kind of person they claim to be. This is still a public social site, and there will be scammers you have to weed out now and then. Brush them off and move on, don't give them another thought.

And welcome to the site! Have fun, post in the Forums often, attend events if you can, and don't take it all too seriously.
Posts 1 - 10 of 32