Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Emergency! Which kind are you?

Aug 29th 2013 new
You are in a crowd of 30-40 people. There's an emergency of some kind: someone collapses, a fire starts, there's a car crash, whatever.

Some people will rush forward to provide aid.

Some will grab their phones and call 911, or run for help.

Some will stand there staring.

Which kind are you?
Aug 29th 2013 new
I am a nurse. I call 911 and then jump into action! I am one of those folks who knows what to do and I do it! Always call 911 first! Then do no arm!
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: I am a nurse. I call 911 and then jump into action! I am one of those folks who knows what to do and I do it! Always call 911 first! Then do no arm!
Are arms a nursing specialization? wink

No offense, but I won't call you if I need an IV -- I don't even want to think of where you'd put it if not in the arm! laughing

Aug 29th 2013 new
First responder EMT here so I'd tell call 911 and jump into the mess.

Hmm been there and done that.
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said:  Always call 911 first! Then do no arm!
HARM DO NO HARM!!

Although Jerry, I have put IV's in scalps, legs, feet, even behind the knee, etc. A vein is a vein, and when you need access, you get it! I was a Neonatal Nurse, scalp veins are most comfortable for babies. They can still move arms and fingers around.
Older Nursing home residents can often be hard to start an IV on due to dehydration. My years in NICU have made me the IV queen in the places I have worked. (Added bonus: Patients and their families think they are getting the Royal Treatment because the DON is drawing blood or starting an IV)

Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Are arms a nursing specialization?

No offense, but I won't call you if I need an IV -- I don't even want to think of where you'd put it if not in the arm!

For a moderator, your comment was very condescending !!!!! Take a chill pill or get off the site.
Aug 29th 2013 new
Years ago walking the upper level of out shopping mall, I barely noticed two small children by the railing- no parents around. Very quickly, the smaller of the two climbed the railing and was just about to topple over. By then I was close enough to grab him by the ankle and pull him down. His mom was in a shoe store, saw what happened and started screaming. I was so shaken by what almost happened that I had to find a place to sit down for a while.
My son rescued his own son and father-in-law from a rip tide about ten years ago in New Jersey. As the current pulled my grandson into deep water, he passed within arm's length of a woman and yelled for her help. She turned away.
Aug 29th 2013 new
no biggie, but one day during daily Mass the man in the pew ahead of me suddenly passed out silently -- I stepped over to right behind him and caught him on the way down, and he kind of woke back up, a bit unsure and embarrassed, and stood back up to continue with the Mass, but a few moments later down he went again! After catching him twice, I called out to a man I knew was a doctor (on the other side of the church) and Father stopped Mass for a bit. The man insisted he was fine and tried to carry on again, with the doctor at his side, when down he went again! Third time was the charm and we got him to agree to going to the hospital, although convincing him he shouldn't drive there was difficult because he was worrying about how to get back to his car if he left it! It turned out his blood pressure medicine dosage needed adjusted and then he was fine. This was a few years ago and we are still bonded over that incident!
Aug 29th 2013 new
Not sure if this fits, but, unfortunately, my 6 kids have all had 'sensitive stomachs' -- I was out to dinner theater with my young sons once and the younger one's stomach took issue with the unfamiliar food, and I had to 'catch' with my hands and large cloth napkin the rejected meal -- they was nothing else to do! No one else even noticed, no act was delayed, and the evening continued happily. Yeah, being a mom has been interesting! Does that count?
Aug 29th 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: For a moderator, your comment was very condescending !!!!! Take a chill pill or get off the site.
Kevin -- Jerry was undoubtedly joking, as he often does, with her!
Posts 1 - 10 of 47