Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dichotomy.

Aug 29th 2013 new
Long time don't post,here it goes.
Do people mean what they say?,the answer is not really.Take the profile questions,are you up for long distance relationship?are you willing to relocate?Most will answer YES to this question,but in practice this are just wishful answer,that in reality will be a NO an that's ok if you write so on the profile.Please write so in the profile,thank you!

Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.
Khalil Gibran
!Peace,Good Luck!

Aug 29th 2013 new
I know that I mean it when I say it. And anyone who knows me, knows that I have lived from coast to coast, many places in between, and even in Michigan where I lived for 25+ years, I lived on both sides of the state as well as north & south. I have relatives all over the country, and we all stay in touch! My extended family has always held to the idea that we should all go, do, be, wherever & whatever is in our heart and makes us whole. We are blessed with the freedom that is rooted in love. So, yes! I would move anywhere from Washington state to Florida, Maine to California, to be with the one whom I love.

Now St. Louis is a SWA hub, and there IS Aquinas Institute of Theology at SLU, and I do have lots of family there ..... And it is just about sack dab in the middle of the country!

Seriously, though... I would go anywhere that God leads me .
Sep 1st 2013 new
Great point.

Used to be a member whose profile said, "If you want children, we will have them." But he never dated women of child-bearing age, nor would he correspond with women who already had children.

I think a lot of us are fooling ourselves.
Sep 1st 2013 new
Well I guess I must be the exception then. I am not interested in relocating, and say so on my profile. I also don't want to date anyone more than 50 miles from my home because I don't think we can come to know each other as deeply as we need to without nearly daily interaction and a long distance romance is not for me! I also say pretty clearly that I am not interested in raising another family. I have raised two families and am ready for the grand children. Yet the majority of interest I have received from CM ladies are women with grade school aged children.

If we cannot be honest on our profiles, why would we expect to get results anything like what we really want? In general, lying about oneself in order to get attention, on CM or anywhere else leads to a relationship based on lies and ultimately disappointing results for all.

Know yourself and what you want then put that on your profile. And ladies, no picture=no interest. Like it or not, the first thing that comes to my mind when I am matched with someone who doesn't have a photo of herself on her profile, is "what is she trying to hide?"

This post should get the gums flapping! LOL!
Sep 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Great point.

Used to be a member whose profile said, "If you want children, we will have them." But he never dated women of child-bearing age, nor would he correspond with women who already had children.

I think a lot of us are fooling ourselves.
Yes,we are especially when reality is better than fiction,we all get lonely sometimes,God intended us to be with somebody,but maybe is difficult with distance,age,jobs and other variables.

Thank you!
Posts 1 - 5 of 5