Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 28 new
i tend to book myself pretty busy on the weekends. I'll go visit friends here in KC, ride my motorcycle, go out for dinner or a movie with friends, or sit around a firepit with some tasty beverages. Other weekends, like this past weekend, I do chores around the house, like mowing the yard, power washing my fence, etc etc. I also enjoy visiting with friends at church over coffee and donuts between Masses on Sunday morning.
Aug 28 new
(quote) Christina-1004641 said: Over the summer there are things going on in Louisville alot of the time.
I attended a church picnic with my friend earlier in the summer. Those are so fun!
I go out to eat and talk with friends as well.
Thanks for the topic.
Have a nice one-
Summers are my fav time of year.. i love that it's daylight up to like 8:30ish.. and yeah often time there's all kinds of stuff going on around most towns,, "jazz in the park" kind of stuff, or farmers markets,,etc.etc.. just need to drag a friend along .. and get out and have some FUN! Thanks for the post Christina.. and WELCOME to the Forums. biggrin Praying
Aug 28 new
(quote) Keith-585743 said: i tend to book myself pretty busy on the weekends. I'll go visit friends here in KC, ride my motorcycle, go out for dinner or a movie with friends, or sit around a firepit with some tasty beverages. Other weekends, like this past weekend, I do chores around the house, like mowing the yard, power washing my fence, etc etc. I also enjoy visiting with friends at church over coffee and donuts between Masses on Sunday morning.
hey Keith,, yeah Summer also means keeping up with ALL that stuff, yard, mowing, fixing stuff,, doesn't it. Down here in Fl.. you almost have to cut your grass every week! I try to knock some stuff out in the evenings when i get back from my real job.. so i can do something like boating or biking on weekends.. biggrin
Aug 29 new
Disco bowl at local bowling alley with my kids and some of their friends...it's almost like tradition for us.

I have some great video footage going back more than 8 years. My favorite was when my 20yo (then 12yo) got his fingers stuck in the bowling ball and he went with it half way down the lane. Double gutter ball; you had to be there to see it - sooooo funny!!! Also, each of us has their moves for celebrating, for putting more English to the bowling ball, etc, etc
Aug 29 new
Oh this weekend I am going to try a couple Zumba classes.
I have done them before somewhere else, but this should be different with a different atmosphere and instructor.
Anyone tried classes like that?
Hope you all have a good weekend coming up.
Good job facilitating the forum, Dave!!!
:-)
Aug 29 new
this is my first time doing this.. so Thank You..thank you verrrry muuchhh. laughing laughing laughing biggrin
Aug 30 new
(quote) Christina-1004641 said: Oh this weekend I am going to try a couple Zumba classes.
I have done them before somewhere else, but this should be different with a different atmosphere and instructor.
Anyone tried classes like that?
Hope you all have a good weekend coming up.
Good job facilitating the forum, Dave!!!
:-)
My niece teaches a Zumba class. She is the perpetual Peter Pan on caffeine, never stopped bouncing around since she was little. I went to her 1st class and nearly died! What was I thinking? My Zumba days are long gone and now replaced by swinging my grandkids around! biggrin

Dave, I agree. It's so sweet and considerate how you comment positively on nearly every post. It's probably a lot of work and time, I'm sure. Good manners learned from your mama? wink
Aug 30 new
(quote) Tracy-929496 said: My niece teaches a Zumba class. She is the perpetual Peter Pan on caffeine, never stopped bouncing around since she was little. I went to her 1st class and nearly died! What was I thinking? My Zumba days are long gone and now replaced by swinging my grandkids around!

Dave, I agree. It's so sweet and considerate how you comment positively on nearly every post. It's probably a lot of work and time, I'm sure. Good manners learned from your mama?
Thank you for that kind comment. Everyone that has posted has shared something about themselves.. and so i am grateful and try to respond back. biggrin Yes, Mom, has a lot to do with that.. she often only sees the 'choleric' side of me.. biggrin laughing laughing laughing
Aug 30 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Disco bowl at local bowling alley with my kids and some of their friends...it's almost like tradition for us.

I have some great video footage going back more than 8 years. My favorite was when my 20yo (then 12yo) got his fingers stuck in the bowling ball and he went with it half way down the lane. Double gutter ball; you had to be there to see it - sooooo funny!!! Also, each of us has their moves for celebrating, for putting more English to the bowling ball, etc, etc
John,,
have you guys done the "moonlight" bowling also.. where they turn off most of the lights except the ones down by the Pins? I've thrown plenty of gutter balls,, and i think for pretty much the same reason...those dang holes are too small to get your fingers in!!! Why is it that out of 5 holes.. my fingers only really fit in 2,, what the heck! does anyone else have that problem? It's a good thing Bowling is not my sport..and i don't take it too seriously..i guess that's why i enjoy it when i go. biggrin Thanks for the Post. Praying
Aug 30 new
It's Friday!! Happy weekend!!
Since I have kids, and three still living at home with me, I am pretty busy!
Tonight is the high school home first football game so I go to watch my daughter, niece, nephew and friends' kids march and play in the band or even play in the game,lol.
Saturday is the first cross country invitational, so I'll go with my younger kids to cheer my senior daughter running and the rest of the team too.
Saturday evening I'll be EMHC at Mass and sit and serve with a few of my friends.
Sunday I'll go to Mass with my girls and hopefully go kayaking in the river with them,some extended family,and some friends.
I'll hopefully swim my mile too each day and get a nice long walk in at least once, maybe with a friend, and if the weather is nice go on my friend's motorcycle to the beach on Presque Isle Monday.
I try to get all housework and laundry done during the week so the weekends are free for fun!
Posts 41 - 50 of 58