Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 27th 2013 new
Ok, so I haven't posted a picture yet, I'm new. Someone once told me to think of something or someone who makes your heart smile, and then hold that thought while someone takes your photo. :)
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Doug-974859 said: Dear Angela,

Well yes, of course, more attention should be paid to the profile photo (yours is charming!). I hasten to add, I wouldn't be careless regarding any photos posted. To me, it's kind of like a resume or c.v., in that we try to make everything absolutely perfect for its purpose. Best foot forward, and all that. Extra pictures get extra points, because they can add delightful information about your family and interests.

For my part, I made an appointment for my son and me at a studio, and let the professionals take over. I'm very happy with the results. Not too expensive, considering we are talking about attracting a mate for life, I think.

Finally, and I don't want to sound like a scold, but for those who post no photo, you get no response from me, sorry. And if you post a photo, make it your best, and if you don't have a best (and I didn't - I mean, how good can iPhone pictures be, really?), consider a professional. They will bring out your best, and that's what you want, isn't it?

Thank you Angela for a great question.

Oilers or Flames? Cordially yours, from your fan of the Red Wings, Doug

Thank you for your input.
And I find that both teams are rather lacking in many ways. If I were to pick a team I'd go with my Uncle's favorite which is also the Red Wings, more so to annoy my brothers, but they don't seem to struggle as much as Albertan teams.
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Hunter-996560 said: Sometimes they might not be smiling due to regional/social trends.

Take my dad's side of the family - Germans. Ever tried to get us to smile in photographs? Even when we are, it looks like we're not. :P
laughing Fair enough, though I am half german, and that side of my family is waaaaaay smilier than the dutch side.
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-695247 said: I like having a 'bad' photo!
Checking to see if guys will look past that:o)
Nothing is worse than seeing some amazing photo, then you realize it was just an amazing shot that added hair and took off 200 pounds.
That said, I'm trying to be less of a 'visual' person....which is my tendency as an ISFP...
I'm looking for an ugly guy who will love me and be loyal.
I think your photo is awesome. You make a good point though. I think this is why it is recommended to add more photos to one's album.
Aug 28th 2013 new
Another good thing I've learnt from years of voice training (Since smiling while singing is a no) is to smile with your eyes. For those who say that they don't smile or that they won't smile, I respond with, well then ignore your mouth and tell me your emotions through your overall expression. biggrin
Aug 28th 2013 new
(quote) Angela-965276 said: Fair enough, though I am half german, and that side of my family is waaaaaay smilier than the dutch side.
I can't say that I've known a lot of Dutch folks, so I don't have any personal experience to compare with your comment, but I can imagine that preventing dikes from breaking and flooding towns would make for some very serious people. :D
Aug 29th 2013 new
To each his own. I don't think it changes much.
Aug 29th 2013 new
No smile? Vanity, perhaps. A dear CM friend told me he was reluctant to post a pic with a smile because his teeth are crooked. Well, they aren't that bad AND he has a fantastic smile, so I did my best to talk him into it...but his current pic is still pretty stoic looking.
Aug 30th 2013 new
Okay, I've written a Forum post on a related subject so I'll shorten the story to this: I hate having my picture taken. The pics on CM are almost the only pics of me that there are. I have a leg up on some other people; I have a very close friend of the opposite sex to look at pictures I'm planning to post who's honest enough to say "that picture is awful. You look like a crazy man. Never show that to anyone ever again. Let me take a decent one, OK?" In the absence of that, I can easily see how lousy pics end up as profile pics.
That said, I don't lay a very critical eye on people's pictures. I really just want to see who I'm talking to; it doesn't have to be worthy of Vogue magazine. One confession: I must admit I wonder when I see a self-shot cell phone pic as a profile picture. The extended arm strongly suggests that the subject has no friends and that's not a terribly good sign, I'm afraid. If that's your profile pic, I'm sorry for calling you out, but please take a new one!
Basically, don't obsess about this. Just post a picture that looks like you; that's all I want. I really don't care if you have a perfect expression and ideal lighting and a breathtaking background. And don't PhotoShop it!!
Aug 31st 2013 new
As it is a picture speaks a thousand words. Not everyone can look like a model but with my two cents, a bad picture is better than no picture. Sure a pretty face will be given better quality but there are some people only blessed with inner beauty. The thing of it is inner beauty is beauty that lasts forever.
Posts 41 - 50 of 56