Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I just left mass and Monsignor Scott (who has been gone for a month) stated that he did post updates to his FB Page. When did priest start FB'ing are they tweeting to?
Sep 01 new

My favorite priest and former Pastor has a facebook page. They can use facebook for good and for their ministries.

Sep 01 new

As a matter of fact, many MANY Priests, Sisters and Brother I know are on facebook.

Sep 04 new
I think it's good.
First, a priest needs all the friends he can get. I can't think of a lonelier vocation.
Second, when moral questions arise during political discussions on FB, the priest's input is often one of the most interesting and informative.
Sep 04 new
I think everyone is using social media one way or another and it is a great tool for priests, sisters, etc., to spread the word. Hey, the pope tweets and it only makes sense in today's world:)
Sep 04 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: I think everyone is using social media one way or another and it is a great tool for priests, sisters, etc., to spread the word. Hey, the pope tweets and it only makes sense in today's world:)
Cathy you beat me to the punch~ if it's good enough for Pope Francis it's good enough for the rest of us!
Sep 04 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: I think everyone is using social media one way or another and it is a great tool for priests, sisters, etc., to spread the word. Hey, the pope tweets and it only makes sense in today's world:)
I'll second that

Sep 04 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: Hey, the pope tweets and it only makes sense in today's world:)
For those who are interested in following the Holy Father on Twitter, click on one of the following links -- no Twitter account is needed:

English: twitter.com
Latin (lt): twitter.com
Spanish (es): twitter.com
French (fr): twitter.com
Italian (it): twitter.com
Polish (pl):twitter.com
German (de): twitter.com
Portugese (pt): twitter.com
Arabic (ar): twitter.com

If you use Twitter and wish to follow the Holy Father, his handle is @Pontifex (English) or @Pontifex_xx, where 'xx' is the two letter code for the desired language shown above (e.g., @Pontifex_es for Spanish).

Sep 04 new

I remember the shocked feeling I got when I learned years ago that many young Catholic Brothers from my church were on Facebook and....yes.....my space...oh no. I wasn't using any social media at the time. There are awful things that happen on social media sites if not used responsibly. Used responsibly, it can be used for good and even great.

Sep 12 new
A face is no book. Priests should be posting to EyeWindow, the eyes being windows to the soul, or sump'n like that.
Posts 1 - 10 of 14