Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Has anyone had any luck? I tried it back in DC and, despite the priest being a huge football fan, it just did not catch on amongs the parishioners...
Sep 4th 2013 new
Wow. Crickets... Rough crowd!
Sep 5th 2013 new
That's quite funny! Welcome to CM and the forums, Greg!! Post early and post often! Chelle
Sep 5th 2013 new
W a V e.......... laughing wave laughing wave
Sep 5th 2013 new
oh my, I'm sure that wouldn't go well here!
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: oh my, I'm sure that wouldn't go well here!
The wave at Mass?? Excuse me?? The Mass is where we meet God, worship God, adore God.

The Blessed Mother told Jacinta at Fatima that we are not even supposed to be talking with one another at Mass. We are to focus on God.

Rachel is more tactful than I. I'm being blunt. But understand that I am attacking the idea, not the person. You probably didn't know that.
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-1005467 said: Has anyone had any luck? I tried it back in DC and, despite the priest being a huge football fan, it just did not catch on amongs the parishioners...
Welcome to CM and the forums.Never started one but participated in a few at track and field as well as football (soccer) games.It was fun
Sep 5th 2013 new
I don't think he meant any harm. Of course we are supposed to be focusing at mass. I think he meant it in a communal way of we are of equal minds being Catholic. And let's go to mass together?! That's how I looked at it anyway.
Sep 22nd 2013 new
Hey, I forgot to add; If you do attempt this at mass, I'd advise you to wear a Notre Dame shirt... It will mitigate the inevitable backlash from others. Notre Dame needs all the prayers possible this season :)
Oct 20th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-1005467 said: Has anyone had any luck? I tried it back in DC and, despite the priest being a huge football fan, it just did not catch on amongs the parishioners...
Once, a former priest (he has since left the priesthood, and I believe, the Church all together) had us do the wave at 730am Easter Mass. It fell really flat, especially in our ultra conservative parish. I especially didn't like it, but more because I was a hormonal teen who didn't like waking up that early anyway.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10