Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Why am I single?

Sep 4th 2013 new
have you ever wondered why you are still single at a certain age? I have... a lot! I know im a good person, hard working, thoughtful kind, loved by many people friends and family... but I always end up with failed relationships. Then I see lots of people who are not that good, cheats, but still get married and divorced then married again and they keep in cheating. I see parents who cannot even feed their kids but they continue to have kids. What's up with that? I wonder... is it me? am I doing things wrongly? I continue to wonder...
Sep 4th 2013 new
Chia, I understand how you feel!!! Put those worries aside and just trust the Lord. You seem very happy in life, so just focus on those good things that you mentioned - all of those whom you love and love you! smile
Sep 4th 2013 new
I am single because I made dumb decisions without asking God to help me decide. I need to live out the consequences of my decisions, even though God has blessed me so much with my children and good friends, and I pray God can lead me to better things as I better follow Him through prayer and learning and obedience, with plenty of patience.
Sep 4th 2013 new
Thanks Kelly. I am happy with life and my faith is intact. Sometimes you just can't help but wonder right?
Sep 4th 2013 new
(quote) Chia-918794 said: Thanks Kelly. I am happy with life and my faith is intact. Sometimes you just can't help but wonder right?
You're right. Sometimes I wonder, but if I thought about it too much, I'd get down. So I try not to and just think about the things I said before. I'm a nanny, and I talk to my kids about this all of the time - think of the things you have to be thankful for, not the things that make you sad ... because there is so much to be grateful for!
Sep 4th 2013 new
Rachel, thanks for sharing. You do have beautiful children and they are indeed blessings from God. I pray that you find the right man for you. Yes, I agree I made dumb decisions myself and I did not consult God, I wasn't guided... it makes a lot of difference whwn we are guided. I vowed that the next guy to come along, I will ask God to guide me.
Sep 4th 2013 new
$ + temperament = my situation. I know the reasons for myself, so I don't wonder why.

Sometimes somebody will have everything going for them, but just run into simple bad luck. Doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong, just luck of the draw.
Sep 4th 2013 new
I often wonder the same things. I frequently compare it to sitting on the bench with a .400 batting average while the manager sends .150 hitters to the plate to strike out, pop up, and ground out. Or if I were a pitcher, I'd be on the bench with a 0.75 ERA while he let pitchers with 8.0+ ERA's serve walks, triples, and home runs. When I ask the manager for what he is saving me, all I hear is silence.
Sep 4th 2013 new
I am single because I decided that it was time for me to marry when I wasn't ready to marry and my ex-husband wasn't either, in my opinion. Like many people, I thought I knew what marriage was, but I didn't.

I continue to be single because I am still learning to trust enough to open my heart...to God, who will be present in my next husband.
Sep 4th 2013 new

I wonder the same thing....everyday.
Posts 1 - 10 of 64