Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Weekend in Westchester NY

Sep 5th 2013 new
So, we were talking in chat recently about a Weekend in NY (out of towners welcome) area. The general plan is for a weekend in late April to early June with:

Friday eve: gather in a hotel and have dinner at or nearby (7or 8 start) possibly cocktails 5-7

Saturday day trip somewhere (will come up with a list depending on weekend)

Sunday morning Mass, and BBQ afterwards in a nearby park

anybod got thoughts??
Sep 5th 2013 new

That sounds very nice. What kind of events are happening in Westchester in the spring?

Sep 5th 2013 new
We are close enough to Manhattan, so I am sure we can find something here or there that fits the bill. Aside from various festivals (some ethnic based), there are museums and other such things in the area. We can even drop by Sleepy Hollow....
Sep 5th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-280015 said: We are close enough to Manhattan, so I am sure we can find something here or there that fits the bill. Aside from various festivals (some ethnic based), there are museums and other such things in the area. We can even drop by Sleepy Hollow....

Whatever is the popular consensus is is fine with me. Personally, something out of Manhattan sounds great to me.

Sep 10th 2013 new
this may be off to a slow start, but now is the time to plan something
Sep 26th 2013 new
I would like to get the ball rolling on this. I think we can do something in Westchester, Rockland, Northern NJ or NYC. I would like to suggest some locals meet one Saturday (for lunch or dinner) to talk about planning an event in the general area.

anybody want to take me up on it???
Sep 26th 2013 new
Sounds terrific!!!

thumbsup
Sep 28th 2013 new
Sounds like it would be a nice weekend?
A couple of suggetions I don't know Westchester county except it borders CT
We could visit a winery and have a tasting
Volunteer as a group to work on a project to benefit a community in the area
Oct 4th 2013 new
Sounds like a good idea Chris! I think there should be more opportunities for members to get together!
Oct 5th 2013 new
welcome to the forums Mary. what I think I am going to do is start a regular meetup in Manhattan (something monthly). From there I will try to get a weekend thing started, or at least talked about.
Posts 1 - 10 of 11