Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Replies?

Sep 6th 2013 new
Hi. I'm very new to the site. I have a question and I guess it's geared more to the women. I'm assuming that us guys send more "unsolicited" messages out to the females (not trying to be sexist, that's just my instinct) scratchchin
I realize that everyone here checks their messages at different frequencies. However, when someone sends a message and you're just not interested, do you politely decline or just ignore the message? Personally, I'd rather get the decline than get ignored but maybe that's not the norm.

Thanks for any input you can offer!
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Nick-1007340 said: Hi. I'm very new to the site. I have a question and I guess it's geared more to the women. I'm assuming that us guys send more "unsolicited" messages out to the females (not trying to be sexist, that's just my instinct)
I realize that everyone here checks their messages at different frequencies. However, when someone sends a message and you're just not interested, do you politely decline or just ignore the message? Personally, I'd rather get the decline than get ignored but maybe that's not the norm.

Thanks for any input you can offer!
my experience is usually no reply.......nada.......

the forums are very active.............others here will respond also
Sep 6th 2013 new
Nick..............I think that most ignore. They just don't want to engage at all. I don't ignore them. I've found out that your "locals" are the one that will mostly NOT respond at all.
Sep 6th 2013 new
Johnny, you are so right! I live in Dallas-Ft Worth area. I have messaged folks all in this area, and of maybe 30-40 ONLY ONE REPLIED (declined, but at least responded). Many of the same folks who complain on the forums included! Such fear is unbelievable to me! Therefore, I suppose when I host a CM football game event, I won't need to notify them cuz they wouldn't want to meet any local women ? Hmmm...
Sep 6th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Therefore, I suppose when I host a CM football game event, I won't need to notify them cuz they wouldn't want to meet any local women ? Hmmm...
laughing HAHAHAHA! I know Huhhhhh!!
Sep 6th 2013 new
Yes, I guess somebody way off knows they can talk without being asked for a date. They can chit-chat without fear of being personally chained down to somebody they can't stand, or that they might run into around town. Locals are more like, 'Oh man, not this guy...he's going to be bugging me at church, work,' etc...
Sep 6th 2013 new
Hello Nick,

I mostly respond and say"Thank you and good luck on your search" or ask a question or two.

For myself I like many types of people and am sincerely interested in them as another person.
I personally think it is rude not to respond. You can at a minimum send an emotio symbol that says "Thank you!" As someone tried to connect. That is a precious thing I think and requires a courteous response. How hard can that be? That was how I was brought up to be respectful and polite. I consider the other person's feelings.

It more important to be nice than it is to be important right?

I like to hear back from people and enjoy even helping them if I can. Especially if I happen to know a lady that would be a good match here.

That is me.
Sep 6th 2013 new
Proper decorum dictates that we at least say, thank-you.

(Imagine someone with an English accent saying the above. That's how I imagine it.) cool

Sep 6th 2013 new
The last two, among others, are true ladies in the finest sense of the word.
Sep 6th 2013 new
You'll find some ladies who aren't interested, won't respond back. Some will. No real rhyme or reason, other than they have their reasons for their choice.

Also, keep in mind that if a woman is not a paying member, she can't read your email or emote, and can't respond back (except for a blank emote) unless she decides to join.
Posts 1 - 10 of 91