Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

New question #1

Sep 7th 2013 new
What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?

Support me when I had a very difficualt time at work and let me cry on her shoulder.

After I gave blood and almost fainted, she stayed with me until I had color in my face and made sure I was ok before she left. Then a few hours later called me to make sure I was ok.
Both are the same good friend that God has blessed me with.
Sep 7th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-363720 said: What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?

Support me when I had a very difficualt time at work and let me cry on her shoulder.

After I gave blood and almost fainted, she stayed with me until I had color in my face and made sure I was ok before she left. Then a few hours later called me to make sure I was ok.
Both are the same good friend that God has blessed me with.
When my mother died, a good friend took the day off from work, cooked a big pan of lasagna, made garlic bread, drove it over to my house because she was worried that we weren't eating or didn't have time to cook. She also went to the wake and funeral mass, and was very supportive. angel
Sep 7th 2013 new
When I was in need, just listening to everything I was going through and being there for me. Kept checking up on me to see how I was doing.
Sep 7th 2013 new
My good friend G came over and put in a new faucet in my bathroom, fixed my bike, bought and put on new wipers for my van, lets me cry on his shoulders when things are too much and cries on mine when his things are too much.
My friend B sends me Bible verses to help my faith -- we send them to each other if they call out to us and we pray on them for a week or so then change up.
My friend D comes over to fix my daughter's car and mine too if needed and never lets me pay him.
My friend C comes over all the time and we walk and talk.
I have a couple good friends that pass on their girls' clothes to my girls to help the budget.
God has blessed me with many kind, sweet friends.
Sep 7th 2013 new
Took time off from work to come out for an out-patient proceedure I was having because she didn't want me to be alone, as I was separated at the time. There was a complication and I ended up in the hospital for two days. She stepped in and took care of my children and stayed for a week. What a blessing she is.
Sep 7th 2013 new
When my Mother passed away....we (my Father and I) figured out we would need one more funeral car. The funeral come was going to "clip" him for the extra vehicle (taking advantage of the situation) so I called a friend of mine named "E" who owns a limousine service in S. Central Texas and drove one the 200 miles or so up...instead of his personal car. (he was going to charge me 150.00 less than the funeral home wanted!) My best friend Glen followed him and they walked into the Church together. Glen hugged me and said there would be NO charge because they wanted to do it for me! Later when I had major surgery....Glen drove up to see me make it through and then had to turn around and go back the same night! Again later when I had heart surgery he did the same thing...except he spent half the night in my room and then went to stay with the boys overnight (my sons) to help re-assure them their Pop would be alright~
Sep 7th 2013 new
Thanks for the sharing.
I thought I would post a question a day or until I can't think of any more.
Sep 7th 2013 new
Friend J helped so much when I was first on my own with four children,(9mths-71/2) inviting for meals,dropping off
presents ,groceries,showing real interest in the children..being a friend when I didn't have many. rose
Posts 1 - 8 of 8