Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

(Rome) The Apostolic Commissioner for the Franciscans of the Immaculate has appointed Father Alfonso Bruno as the new Secretary General of the Order. Father Alfonso Bruno is Known for His Aversion to Traditional Catholics and the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conceptioneponymousflower.blogspot.com
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Rome) The Apostolic Commissioner for the Franciscans of the Immaculate has appointed Father Alfonso Bruno as the new Secretary General of the Order. Father Alfonso Bruno is Known for His Aversion to Traditional Catholics and the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conceptionhttp://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2013/09/leader-of-dissidents-appointed-general.html
They put the most anti-Traditional member of the order in charge of it.

Tell me again how this isn't a persecution of tradition?
Sep 9th 2013 new
Ave Maria

Oh, dear. I wonder how this will play out.

I am a member of MIM (Missionaries of the Immaculate Mediatrix) based at Mother of the Redeemer and FFI monastery in Bloomington, IN. I've been following the developments concerning the leadership, but not as closely as I should have. All I DO know is that the Friars I have come to know and respect and grown to love are some of Mother Mary's BEST foot soldiers for Christ!

I will refrain from commenting too much more until I hear Fr. Elias' reaction. (Father Guardian in Bloomington).

Personally, I think that this is a great opportunity to practice obedience and offer any and all sufferings and sacrifices to Almighty God. We all know that one clever tactic Satan uses to thwart the work of the Church is to divide and conquer. Let's not give an inch...or he'll take a mile. I urge all fellow Franciscans to be patient and prayerful during this time of transition. Perhaps the new Secretary General will be a blessing!

Ave Maria
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: They put the most anti-Traditional member of the order in charge of it.

Tell me again how this isn't a persecution of tradition?
As Traditionalists, we need to be humble. Just offer it up!
Sep 9th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: They put the most anti-Traditional member of the order in charge of it.

Tell me again how this isn't a persecution of tradition?
If this is, in fact, a cross rather than a blessing that the Lord has willed for the members of this congregation to bear at this time, who are we to tell Him He is wrong? Perhaps the suffering of those negatively impacted by this appointment, obediently accepted with humility, will serve some larger good.

Most of those commenting on this situation on the Internet have a very narrow, at best, perspective of what is going on within the order; they have no idea why the choice was made or how Fr. Bruno's strengths may be those best suited for dealing with issues of far greater importance to the order. And they most certainly have no idea how the Holy Spirit will motivate him nor how he will respond.

Even if Fr., Bruno was the wrong choice, the impact of all the Internet complaining is going to be far more negative than positive. The divisiveness, anger, and hostility is the work of Satn, not God. The proper response is prayer and fasting, not pontification and questioning authority.

Sep 11th 2013 new
The Fransicans who want to say the Old Mass exclusively will have to petition and possibly start a new Order eclusively saying the Old Mass as others Traditional Orders have.The Franciscans hopefully will have a choice then whichLiturgy they can be part of.Liberals claim to be so tolerent of peoples diverse ways of expression,unless a Traditionalist wants to worship God as the Church has for over a Thousand years.We'll see who is really Charitable in the coming months and years.In justice,these liberals should allow those who wish to form a new Congregation to be Traditional Franciscans,That would be fair,just ,and charitable.
Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: The Fransicans who want to say the Old Mass exclusively will have to petition and possibly start a new Order eclusively saying the Old Mass as others Traditional Orders have.The Franciscans hopefully will have a choice then whichLiturgy they can be part of.Liberals claim to be so tolerent of peoples diverse ways of expression,unless a Traditionalist wants to worship God as the Church has for over a Thousand years.We'll see who is really Charitable in the coming months and years.In justice,these liberals should allow those who wish to form a new Congregation to be Traditional Franciscans,That would be fair,just ,and charitable.
It's very easy to pontificate from the outside with little knowledge of a small part of the overall situation and absolutely none at all about the rest...


Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: It's very easy to pontificate from the outside with little knowledge of a small part of the overall situation and absolutely none at all about the rest...


I have only commented on that which is known.The rest that is unknown is unknown!
Sep 11th 2013 new
Bernard, the issue isn't charity, the issues to me seem to be obedience and humility. They are not the same thing. Besides, some Trads really lack charity towards others not like them.

There are Trads that don't whine about sacrifice. I think that is what pleases God, True sacrifice reaps great rewards.

God is the One who truly is all Charity. If some don't think they are getting it from Him, well too bad, He gives us what we need (not want). He gifts that which he wills!

Those Franciscans of the Immaculate that obey will reap tremendous benefits for their Community and the Church as a whole.
Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Bernard, the issue isn't charity, the issues to me seem to be obedience and humility. They are not the same thing. Besides, some Trads really lack charity towards others not like them.

There are Trads that don't whine about sacrifice. I think that is what pleases God, True sacrifice reaps great rewards.

God is the One who truly is all Charity. If some don't think they are getting it from Him, well too bad, He gives us what we need (not want). He gifts that which he wills!

Those Franciscans of the Immaculate that obey will reap tremendous benefits for their Community and the Church as a whole.
I am saying that those Franciscans who want the Old Mass and Traditional ways should be allowed to have it.If it means forming a new Congregation,so be it (for those who want the Traditional ways).
Posts 1 - 10 of 11