Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Heard on the news this morning that John Kerry's original statement, that
Syria should give up its chemical weapons and the UN should be able to
observe Syria and those chemical weapons, is about to happen.

Puttin heard Kerry's remark and thought it was a good idea. Now Obama
heard Puttin's idea and figured it was a good idea also.

It really is a way out of the" red-line chemical weapons" mess. No one will
have to worry about Syria using chemical weapons now, I hope.
Sep 10 new
I'll believe it when I see it
Sep 10 new
Even if they give up half of them, at least that will keep the US from bombing
them.
Sep 10 new
Amazing news Marianne! Thanks for sharing. Just finishing my iced coffee @ Starbucks & gotta run...check back here later. :-)
Sep 10 new
Even though Assad has free reign to use conventional methods to fight this civil war at least the U.S. is left out of it. Saudi Arabia and Qatar have both been pouring billions into this war for their own gain and if they want Assad out of office, than they should do their own fighting.
Sep 10 new
To Un!! shocked I don't want that little rascal getting more weapons irked He might give them to Dennis Rodman!! What a mess!!
Sep 10 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: I'll believe it when I see it
It would be a good thing to get these chemical weapons secured, and incidentally to stop their continued manufacture.

But as Susan wrote... I'll believe it when I see it.

When we have our bumbling president negotiating with Putin, former head of the Soviet KGB, I believe that our president is not in the same league. I don't trust Putin, but I don't trust Obama either. Even if I were to believe that Obama has the best of intentions (of which I am doubtful), I don't believe that he at all up to the task at hand.

Ed
Sep 10 new
Ok, the rabid beast finally says uncle.

I say keep those Tomahawk crosshairs squarely between Assad's eyes until he turns over all the chemical weapons. As long as he has them, he will use them. He demonstrated that he will. It sent millions scrambling out of Syria. Tell Putin to pound sand unless all Chemical war agents are out of Syria and under International control (then readily destroyed).

Also, dear fellow Catholics, keep the peace prayers going, but now we must keep those war ships in attack mode too.

If Russia gets in the way, just send those Tomahawks to annihilate those weapon depots. Who needs the Russians impeding while protecting a monster?! They too need to get on the right side. Do they really think of Syria's behavior is worthy of an ally?

We don't want terrorists having chemical weapons either. If those chemical weapons are not removed, Obama will again demonstrate lack of leadership.

As an aside, this is the reason for this country's second amendment; a well armed citizenry is a check against the tyranny of the state.
Sep 10 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Heard on the news this morning that John Kerry's original statement, that
Syria should give up its chemical weapons and the UN should be able to
observe Syria and those chemical weapons, is about to happen.

Puttin heard Kerry's remark and thought it was a good idea. Now Obama
heard Puttin's idea and figured it was a good idea also.

It really is a way out of the" red-line chemical weapons" mess. No one will
have to worry about Syria using chemical weapons now, I hope.
This is an answer to millions of prayers, Marianne. We can thank the efforts of Pope Francis for this.

Let us also be thankful that a powerful country has a leader who would rise to the occasion and attempt to exhaust all peaceful means possible to remedy a situation before the American war machine kicked into gear.

Let us be thankful that this leader is someone who has promised that he would protect Christianity worldwide.

Let us be thankful that this leader is unapologetic about his Christianity and undeterred by polls.

And of course, let us be thankful he was able to slow an American president down on the way to launching an attack on yet another mideast country.

Where would we be without Vladimir Putin?
Sep 10 new
(quote) William-607613 said: Where would we be without Vladimir Putin?
Where would we be without Vladimir Putin?...... Much, much better off.

I would comment that you must be kidding concerning your comments about Putin, but it seems that you're serious.

I agree with your comment about Pope Francis... and I hope that we get rid of the chemical weapons. But in regards to the fine qualities that you attribute to Putin, I think that you are very, very far off base.

Putin and Russia have their own interests in all of this. Their concerns about Christians have nothing at all to do with it, except as it may serve to further their other goals.

Your comments sound like a love letter to Putin. Sickening.

Ed

Posts 1 - 10 of 52