Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Everybody's Talking At Me...

Sep 11th 2013 new
All this business about phantom people not answering messages has got me to thinking. I like being nosy, so I'll take a little poll- on average, how many different people send you emotes/messages per month, not counting interview answers? Subject or sender doesn't matter, it can even be guy-to-guy talk. I'm guessing from anectodal evidence that women get more people bothering them then men do.

I think I run at about 2.5+ people a month; might be 3 if you include the usual 'welcome' messages that drift in when you first sign up.

Nothing like an unscientific poll when you have nothing better to do.
Sep 11th 2013 new
I might actually get three or four in a good month; probably about 2-3 on average. But I have unusual requirements. Someone easier to match might do much better.
Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: All this business about phantom people not answering messages has got me to thinking. I like being nosy, so I'll take a little poll- on average, how many different people send you emotes/messages per month, not counting interview answers? Subject or sender doesn't matter, it can even be guy-to-guy talk. I'm guessing from anectodal evidence that women get more people bothering them then men do.

I think I run at about 2.5+ people a month; might be 3 if you include the usual 'welcome' messages that drift in when you first sign up.

Nothing like an unscientific poll when you have nothing better to do.
new- probably 1- I am in contact with more each month but that is repeats- several people I chat with in emotes or messages, do you talk to anyone on the phone you met through CM?
Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) John-842063 said: do you talk to anyone on the phone you met through CM?
Nope, never done that myself.
Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: Nope, never done that myself.
well I have- usually a few conversations- I always learn something new about how I am presenting myself- not that I get any better- but only oneuncomfortable experience...
Sep 11th 2013 new
1 at the most.......occasional views [3 this month all non practising with no mass attendance]
Sep 12th 2013 new
I just went back and looked at my message box. Since I signed up in July I have had 6 messages, 3 from someone named unavailable. I also did have my first chat the other night. He gave me his phone number but after only 30 or so minutes of chatting I didn't feel compelled to make the call. I have had a good amount of views but must be in need of some improvement on my profile since most do not result in messages.
Sep 14th 2013 new
I'd say it's probably 4+ a month.. but i usually archive old messages so my figure may not be exact. I often send someone a quick Emo or message if i see something they said that i liked.. in their Profile or comment in the Forums. biggrin
Sep 14th 2013 new
OK, maybe this is weird, but I've had emotes/messages back and forth with over 20 people just since the beginning of September.
About half are women and of course I'm not interested, nor are they, in a relationship other than friends.
The other half are men, obviously, but those are just friends too, as I'm not going beyond that until my annulment is final.
Oh, and I'm not counting those rude ones I've just archived.
I'm just a friendly person!
Sometimes I've felt close enough to talk on the phone with these friends, like when I'm trying to understand the Latin Mass before driving to my first one and someone offers help, or just when we find we are alike enough to enjoy talking live on a quiet day.
I get told a lot that I'm 'comfortable to talk with' and that I 'don't turn people off with a laundry list of requirements' in my profile or that I'm 'real' instead of a poser.
I enjoy messaging, chatting with, and talking to my friends on here. =D
Sep 19th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: I'd say it's probably 4+ a month.. but i usually archive old messages so my figure may not be exact. I often send someone a quick Emo or message if i see something they said that i liked.. in their Profile or comment in the Forums.
That's actually a lot. I usually average about 1 or 2 a month and it's usually from usually from someone on the other side of the planet, country or out of my age range.
Posts 1 - 10 of 28