Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Pre-marital sex

Sep 11th 2013 new
I have just been wondering how easy or difficult it is in our world today going according to the Bible's teachings to remain celebate till after marriage. Does it still exist. Would your relationship survive. Just wondering and need your thoughts on this one.
Sep 11th 2013 new
It's a heavy topic. You should get some interesting responses.
Sep 11th 2013 new
Evelyn..........With the world that we live in today, I am sure it is not easy. BUT, I have read several differnt articles, none lately, and even the news report that more and more people are waiting (good thing). They make no mention of certain religons. I think it is just in general.

Will a marriage survive if there is pre-marital sex; the odds are MUCH against that it would. It goes with that "instant" gratification.
Sep 11th 2013 new
I think if two people can wait, it only shows they truly love each other and wants the blessing coming from a much higher power (God) than their own earthly desires. One cannot imagine the excitement on the night after the wedding, don't you think?
Sep 11th 2013 new
I think it depends on each person...

I'm sure some find it an "impossible" task to remain celibate and I sure know I had a rough go of it in my younger years...but, now I am perfectly happy and content!

Being celibate isn't a chore or punishment...and it definitely should not be viewed as such!
I firmly believe that celibacy is a blessing. When celibate we can be free of worry (e.g. unplanned pregnancy, STDs) and focus on that which is important -- glorifying God, getting to know each other, and creating a real/tangible/concrete relationship which is not based on sexual activity.

When I look back at my past I realize what I gave up... I gave each person I slept with a part of me...a part of my joy, my happiness, my love, my heart...and I will never get back what I freely gave them...

So, we as individuals can make celibacy a blessing to be enjoyed or we can turn it into an impossible "task" which slowly becomes anything but a blessing...

We have a choice... It all depends on how we look at it and what we want... Do we want long-lived joy and happiness because we earned it or do we want short-lived joy and happiness because of instant gratification???
Sep 11th 2013 new
clap Terrific first post, Todd! Welcome to the Forum!
Sep 11th 2013 new
Thank you, and thank you, Beverly!
Sep 11th 2013 new
(quote) Todd-956435 said: I think it depends on each person...

I'm sure some find it an "impossible" task to remain celibate
Most people would find it much easier to remain celibate if they would not intentionally put themselves in situations of temptation.

(Note I did not say it would necessarily be easy -- only easier

Sep 11th 2013 new
I find it very easy to remain Celibate during a relationship... I focus on the outcome of waiting becuz I want it to last that is more important than the temptation and instant gratification. I do not want to put the possibility of reckoning the successful bliss of a promising relationship of friendship and I believe the friendship keeping that is more important. I also have faith in the Lord and believe in his promise.
Sep 12th 2013 new
But Renee dont you think it makes it more difficul for to stay in a relationship that can lead to marriage since i believe most guys would want to slerp with you first
Posts 1 - 10 of 111