Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Thoughts to Ponder

Sep 12th 2013 new
"If you say that you believe in God and do not believe in the Church, you are saying that you dont believe in yourself, and this is a contradiction. All of us are the Church." papa francesco
Sep 12th 2013 new
"God will not allow you to be lost if you persist in your determination not to lose Him." St Padre Pio
Sep 12th 2013 new
(quote) Ginger-1000674 said: "If you say that you believe in God and do not believe in the Church, you are saying that you dont believe in yourself, and this is a contradiction. All of us are the Church." papa francesco
Ginger,

Can you put this in context? Who was the Pope addressing? I guess I could look it up, but I'm lazy at the moment. You can probably get it readily :)

There are a lot of people that believe in God (so they say) but certainly do not belong to the Catholic Church, nor do they believe in it. But if that last statement is directed at those outside of the Catholic Church, then his comments to me sound like a contradiction too; those outside are not part of the Church... at least not yet...
Sep 12th 2013 new
Hi John - Here is the link for the quote - www.todayscatholicnews.org
Sep 12th 2013 new
Hi John - Here is the link for the quote - www.todayscatholicnews.org
Sep 12th 2013 new
John - It is in last paragraph - Sometimes I hear, I believe in God but not in the church, he said. But the church is not only priests: we are all the church. And if you say you believe in God and dont believe in the church, you are saying you dont believe in yourself, and this is a contradiction. papa francesco
Sep 12th 2013 new
Thanks for that. I got it and with the context clarified, Pope Francis is right on! Viva il Papa!!!

And to report out on the "homework", my baptism was six days after my birth; I was baptized on Dec 21st, 1957 in the Church of All Saints, Dakovo, Croatia. My namesake is St John the Evangelist, Christ's "fav" disciple and we celebrate my baptism into the Church on St John's feast day Dec 27th, six days later...
Posts 1 - 7 of 7