Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

AM WORRIED!

Sep 14 new
Am the middle child in a family of 5. i have two older brothers and two younger sisters;
my older brothers are all happily married with 3 kids each.
my two younger sisters were married till last month.
my sisters separated with the husbands at the law court,, the much younger 26 years old happened the first week of August then the one who followes me had a fight and separated a 2 weeks ago.
i was the only one not married in the family and everyone was getting surprised why? yet am doing well all round.
now am in dilema,, should i pray for my two sisters marriages or pray for my life partner?
my sisters are now very frustrated and unhappy,, having been married each for atleast not less than 4 years.
should i focus with my life or pray for them?
i feel that many will also think the same that even mine will not work since my sisters didnt work; and maybe my parents will not be excited about me getting married given the challenges they are facing at the law courts with my sisters.
i need advice pls
Sep 14 new
That's a sad situation.

I think I would pray that everyone be kind to each other and that the sorrowing find comfort.

Beyond that...your siblings' success at marriage (or failure) has nothing to do with you or your parents. It's your life, your decisions, your relationships. (Would you like to think that YOU are somehow an influence on what happens in THEIR lives? embarassed )

Wishing peace to all!
Sep 14 new

Anne, you can focus on your own life AND pray for them. Don't forget you must take care of yourself first. You have a lot on your plate right now with your concerns at work. Do not let your sisters problems consume your remaining time and energy. You can't do much to help their situation, but you can pray for them. I will pray for you and your sisters also. rose hug Praying

Sep 14 new

And please don't let what others in your family think or say affect your decisions. Discern what God wants for you through prayer and then act on it appropriately without influences or preconceptions of anyone, no matter how well meaning they may be. Stay positive and at peace.
Sep 14 new
Pray for healthy and happy marriages all around, and if it is not a healthy relationship ask God to give them the strength and courage to do His will.

As I pray for my family, I often think people's relationships are so great because I don't have one. Then I spend some time at my sister's or brother's house, and thank God I don't have a relationship like theirs. To each their own. I know what's in my heart and so does God. He's getting someone very special ready for me.
Sep 14 new
I agree with the advice to pray for both their intentions and your own. And I'll add my prayers into the mix too. Praying
Sep 14 new
i'll join in praying for your entire family's relationships (including yours) as well Anne. If put that way to God, i'm sure he'll help you all! rosary Praying
Sep 15 new
(quote) Anne-348574 said: ... now am in dilema,, should i pray for my two sisters marriages or pray for my life partner?
Pray for both... it's not quantity, it's quality :)
Sep 15 new
(quote) Anne-348574 said: should i focus with my life or pray for them?
i feel that many will also think the same that even mine will not work since my sisters didnt work; and maybe my parents will not be excited about me getting married given the challenges they are facing at the law courts with my sisters.
i need advice pls
Negative attracts negative.. Positive attracts positive.. I prefer the latter one.. It doesn't mean that what bad/sad situation happens to them will happen to you... Always remember we are the one who creates our story, there will be trials/circumstances along the way, but it doesn't mean it will always prevail... Just hold on and always ask for God's guidance.. praying for you and your family... Praying
Sep 15 new
Hi Anne,

So sorry to hear about your sisters misfortune. Though I still believe that what happened to them may not necessarily happen to you. Pray for them and pray for yourself too. You don't have to feel guilty about praying for your life. God can take all your prayers. He is almighty. Also, pray to St. Joseph for a good husband and marriage. He is the patron of marriages, if I'm not mistaken.

Take care.
Chia
Posts 1 - 10 of 10