Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

How old is too old for you?

Sep 15th 2013 new
I wanna know perspective of people here. How old is too old for you to date? What are the factors to be considered?

Thanks in advance to those who will take time to reply.
Sep 15th 2013 new
I think this one came up once. I thought. I never commented though.

Sep 15th 2013 new
Ten years is my max.
Sep 15th 2013 new
I was just asked about that tonight. I don't think age plays a major role in my decision to date or marry. I know that it may look strange to some people but God knows whats in our hearts and society should not judge. As long as both of the people involved really are committed to each other, it shouldn't matter.

There are things you may want to consider for the future, of course, but I don't believe age would be a road block or an obstacle to run away from. Like I jokingly mentioned to a friend of mine earlier today, "Women mature quicker than men so if he's 10 years older than me, we should be about the same age in maturity." laughing scratchchin

Some factors you may want to consider is if there are children involved or if you want to have children if you get married. If you end up getting married and there is a huge gap in age one might run into medical issues long before the other one does. But.. can you really be count on any relationship not ever facing that? The question I would ask myself if I dated someone much younger would be.. what if he finds himself attracted to a younger woman? It really does depend on the individuals and how much they trust each other to be there no matter what.. should the relationship go that far.. Personally, if I were to search based on age, it would be around 12 years in either direction. Not sure if this helped any but just my 2 cents. :)
Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: Some factors you may want to consider is if there are children involved or if you want to have children if you get married. If you end up getting married and there is a huge gap in age one might run into medical issues long before the other one does. But.. can you really be count on any relationship not ever facing that? The question I would ask myself if I dated someone much younger would be.. what if he finds himself attracted to a younger woman? It really does depend on the individuals and how much they trust each other to be there no matter what.. should the relationship go that far.. Personally, if I were to search based on age, it would be around 12 years in either direction. Not sure if this helped any but just my 2 cents. :)
Mary, thanks for your inputs. Yes, your inputs help a lot! I know age is just a number, but in real life, there are factors that come with age like what you said, medically it counts. Though you're right too, that it's not the case all of the time. Some people get sick at an early age as well.

And the factor of trust is another issue. Honestly, if i dated a man a lot older than me, I cannot guarantee looking at younger men and maybe, just maybe, wish something else. I definitely would not cheat like date someone else while in a relationship, but I cannot guarantee my thoughts would not cheat, if there's such a thing. Something to really think about and be super sure once someone decides on doing this.

Thanks again.
Chia
Sep 15th 2013 new
(quote) Chia-918794 said: I wanna know perspective of people here. How old is too old for you to date? What are the factors to be considered?

Thanks in advance to those who will take time to reply.
The oldest I'm willing to go is 15 to 16 years older, but I really more comfortable when the guy is closer to my age than he is to my mom's. wink
Sep 16th 2013 new
I don't care how old he IS -- I care how old he THINKS.
Sep 16th 2013 new
Someone older than 10 years my senior.....
Sep 16th 2013 new
(quote) Jean-504066 said:  but I really more comfortable when the guy is closer to my age than he is to my mom's.
laughing laughing I suppose so. laughing
Sep 16th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said:
"Women mature quicker than men so if he's 10 years older than me, we should be about the same age in maturity." 

Is that so.... scratchchin laughing
Posts 1 - 10 of 41