Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

SAY WHAT??????

Have any of you heard "catholics" even alleged "traditional" Catholics (which is redundant, if you understand what 'Catholic' means) that no matter where one is "spiritually", we're all heading in the same direction?

I realize this goes against Catholic dogma, and anyone who knows this and still defends this heretical notion, is in formal heresy, which is separation from the Body of Christ. Most likely, perhaps, such persons are just confused by what they've heard and not heard, but what of the sin of sloth that keeps them from having a right-formed conscience and understanding of the Church's teachings.

This might sound mean to those who don't like what the Church teaches, and think it's nicer to make a god in their own poorly formed conscience, but true charity tells us that we ought to instruct the ignorant as an act of charity.

We are not equal in our spiritual lives, certainly, some of us do not even have a spiritual life, as it is defined by the Church doctors. We are not all headed to heaven, nor are we all headed to hell. And of those who are headed to heaven, not all are on as sure footing as another may be.

I think it is an evil thing for people to use the holy Catholic faith as a way to fraudulently represent who they are for the attention it brings them and the association, and use it as a cover to commit (mortal) sin.

No, we are not all headed in the same direction regardless of where we are with God.
Sep 26th 2013 new
Hello! Perfect timing! Just caught Michael's video in my email just now:

www.churchmilitant.tv

Sep 27th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: SAY WHAT??????

Have any of you heard "catholics" even alleged "traditional" Catholics (which is redundant, if you understand what 'Catholic' means) that no matter where one is "spiritually", we're all heading in the same direction?

I realize this goes against Catholic dogma, and anyone who knows this and still defends this heretical notion, is in formal heresy, which is separation from the Body of Christ. Most likely, perhaps, such persons are just confused by what they've heard and not heard, but what of the sin of sloth that keeps them from having a right-formed conscience and understanding of the Church's teachings.

This might sound mean to those who don't like what the Church teaches, and think it's nicer to make a god in their own poorly formed conscience, but true charity tells us that we ought to instruct the ignorant as an act of charity.

We are not equal in our spiritual lives, certainly, some of us do not even have a spiritual life, as it is defined by the Church doctors. We are not all headed to heaven, nor are we all headed to hell. And of those who are headed to heaven, not all are on as sure footing as another may be.

I think it is an evil thing for people to use the holy Catholic faith as a way to fraudulently represent who they are for the attention it brings them and the association, and use it as a cover to commit (mortal) sin.

No, we are not all headed in the same direction regardless of where we are with God.
I think the modern ecumenical movement has led Catholic leaders to embrace some of the worst aspects of Protestantism. So the Church in many cases is heading in the same direction as mainline Protestants and in some instances the same direction as evangelical Protestants. The mainline Protestants and establishment Catholics are very similar in that they don't have a strong belief in anything. Sure, some might believe in a life force but nothing very concrete. They've moved beyond creeds.
Sep 27th 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: I think the modern ecumenical movement has led Catholic leaders to embrace some of the worst aspects of Protestantism. So the Church in many cases is heading in the same direction as mainline Protestants and in some instances the same direction as evangelical Protestants. The mainline Protestants and establishment Catholics are very similar in that they don't have a strong belief in anything. Sure, some might believe in a life force but nothing very concrete. They've moved beyond creeds.
The Holy Roman Catholic Church under the leadership of Pope Francis is still the pristine and perfect bride of Jesus Christ in her teachings and eternal truths. We know that not every Catholic lives nor understands the church and her teachings but to imply that she is in error at this time is causing "scandal" as Jesus promises that the gates of hell would never prevail against her-we all need to look to our own souls and implore the help of grace to love Jesus as he deserves to be loved and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
Sep 27th 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: I think the modern ecumenical movement has led Catholic leaders to embrace some of the worst aspects of Protestantism. So the Church in many cases is heading in the same direction as mainline Protestants and in some instances the same direction as evangelical Protestants. The mainline Protestants and establishment Catholics are very similar in that they don't have a strong belief in anything. Sure, some might believe in a life force but nothing very concrete. They've moved beyond creeds.
This is true with many modern Catholics who have not been properly instructed in True Catholic Doctrine.It is also true of many in the clergy.
Sep 27th 2013 new
Thanks for the link always like to hear what Michael has to say.

Sep 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: This is true with many modern Catholics who have not been properly instructed in True Catholic Doctrine.It is also true of many in the clergy.
I think more than a few clergy are atheists/agnostics. They don't leave because that would mean an end to their paycheck.

Sep 28th 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: I think more than a few clergy are atheists/agnostics. They don't leave because that would mean an end to their paycheck.

The priesthood has been infiltrated by communists and homosexual predators in many parts of the world today-so grateful to God for the many excellent priests. We always need to pray for holy and devout priests.
Sep 29th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: The Holy Roman Catholic Church under the leadership of Pope Francis is still the pristine and perfect bride of Jesus Christ in her teachings and eternal truths. We know that not every Catholic lives nor understands the church and her teachings but to imply that she is in error at this time is causing "scandal" as Jesus promises that the gates of hell would never prevail against her-we all need to look to our own souls and implore the help of grace to love Jesus as he deserves to be loved and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
Sean was not saying anything that was scandalous. His observation that there are many prelates and therefore laity under them that do not hold, teach and defend the true teachings of the Church is an objective statement. There has not been a pope that I can think of that has not pointed this out. The Church is both a mystical body and a visible body, and not everyone in the visible body is in the mystical body. The Church teaches this. This is not a contradiction within her, what the Church says about this is true. If you mean to say that anything any prelate says (even from the top all the way down) is truth, then you do not believe what Christ has taught nor the Church since Christ. Holy doctrine can only be true if it is 'kato licas' --- entirely whole/united to what was passed down from Christ, true then, true for all peoples, all places and all times. Much of what is being taught is at least tainted in part by heresies... and then nothing new --- heresies that have already pointed out by Holy Mother Church as heretical.

So who is write? is it the Church when it said these were heresies, or the 'church' when it says these are the newly revealed, more fully revealed truths? A pronouncement of ex cathedra must be made for it to hold infallibility. So something like a condemnation from a pope is ex cathedra, and you can be sure that it is always false. Like, the idea that you can die in mortal sin, and count on getting to heaven --- that's not true today, and it never will be. The idea that there is salvation outside the Church (a person in mortal sin is outside the mystical body until they are reconciled), is still dogma. Many prelates would say otherwise, but they are wrong. The scandal is with these prelates, and that is not determined by how many people FEEL wronged, it doesn't take other people's opinions or feelings into account --- it's just dogma. We are obliged to accept it as Catholics.

Sep 30th 2013 new
"So who is write?"

BANNED.

Oh wrong forum.
I was sleep posting. Sorry.
Posts 1 - 10 of 13