Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

30 and Divorced

Sep 30th 2013 new
I have no problem being 30, it's being divorced that makes me feel stigmatized. Any other divorcees feel the same? How has that impacted your search on CM? Ever get the feeling your "D-card" is a repellent?
Sep 30th 2013 new
I do not see "divorced" as being 2nd class at all. One of the problems you may be having is that you are.divorced, 7/7, with no mention of an annulment. For me it is one complete package. In the eyes of Holy Mother Church I was still bound by the bond of matrimony until the Declaration of Nullity was in my hands. I didn't date or seek social attention from men until my annulment was complete. Granted, it was lonely, but I receiving the Eucharist in a state of grace was and is my priority. BTW, I did peruse your profile. You will make a gal a great husband someday. Blessings!
Oct 1st 2013 new
I never thought to mention my annulment. I thought being 'free to marry' was sufficient. Thanks!
Oct 1st 2013 new
No problem Jason. Just fix your profile and start perusing through those gals profiles. There are many bright and beautiful young women on this site. I see them in the coed and women's fora. Reach out. Many won't reply, that's just the odds, but some will. Would love to read your success story. Blessings.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Jason,

Its much different being 30 (or under) and divorced than it is in your 40's. I've had this discussion with many older women in my divorce group. I'm sure men find the same thing. I've had several single catholic male friends, be very candid about the fact that they would never date a woman who was divorced (even annulled). Where older male friends have a more "everyone's been through life, and sometimes it sucks" attitude.

You aren't imagining it. :) Just know God loves and has a plan for you... It'll all work out some day.
Oct 21st 2013 new
Hi Jason ,

Its not being divorced that is the problem . Its not learning anything by going through it that will handicap you . Divorced men who learn the lessons of divorce , make great husbands the second time around .
Its all about education , not isolation my friend , A man who learns what is means to love is a terrific man , divorced or not !!!! :)
Oct 30th 2013 new
I am 27 and divorced, with two children. I'm working on the annulment process, but yes I do feel like it's different at this age. Most support groups are for an older age range then mine and I do at time feel isolated.
Nov 5th 2013 new
Hi,

Yes I most certainly feel that my D card has repelled folks. BUt that one God has set aside for me will not be repelled. I guess that is my thought on it all.

The Catholic church never saw my previous marriage as a union in the catholic church so there was nothing to nullify. They didn't see it as valid. Hence I am able to marry in the catholic church.

However you can;t post all of that.
Again, the person that truly likes your profile etc... will reach out.

Once again, trust in the Lord

Smiles,
kat
Apr 20th 2014 new
29 here...

I feel like I am constantly wearing a scarlet "D" over my head. I was married for three years, no kids, and was told by my ex that she didn't want to be boggled down with kids or a family after all (She was Pentecostal). Got the divorce, got the annulment and I am thankful that I got out of a bad situation that would have become worse emotionally.

I often feel like young devout Catholic ladies in my age group do not even want to give me the time of day. I've been on some dates since my annulment with cafeteria Catholic girls and even some nice conservative Protestant girls and I always feel like I should just settle just to feel that desire to have a family realized.

My past means that I am anything but commitment-phobic. I know the power of love, forgiveness and mercy and would make an excellent Catholic husband because of my experiences, not in spite of them. Where are the women that feel the same? boggled

Apr 21st 2014 new

Being divorced is not a repellant to all, unless you are Roman Catholic and plan to stick to your beliefs, that your spouse mimicked within the Sacrament of Holy and gradually mocked individually, to your young children and within other catholic sub-groups that have various degrees while acting the role in the arena. Jason, as you will find as time progresses, that you will gradually figure out why 'bearing false witness' is a mortal sin and that 'scandal is evil' as it harms the innocent, close friends and the children, without even bothering the sociopathic perpetrators. It is most unfortunate that if you are true to 'The Faith' that you must stand firm and endure it while you learn more from both cynical statements or some rather 'flakey jokes' that make you question the individuals that approach you as friends as well as those knowledgeable that hesitate to speak or back out of when they attempt to state something key. Stand firm, as Jesus did, when he withstood the Pharisees, Pilot and Herod while the same crowds that laid down the palms on his entry in Jerusalem, were whipped into a frenzy shouting 'Crucify Him' and chose Barabbas. Jason, it is stigmatization that will also identify the miscreants from the Men, and the identity of the 'True Ladies' from the. . .

There is another answer as to what is happening on a spiritual level illustrated in the ancient 'Book of Tobit' along with the footnotes as found in the 'New American Bible'

Posts 1 - 10 of 25