Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

How do you say thank you?

Oct 3rd 2013 new
A sweet thing happened to me the other day -- a beautiful pot of mums was placed at my back door! There was no note, no clue as to who left it. They are lovely and I placed them at the center of my Mary Garden where everyone can see them and they cheer us up every time we go in or out or are enjoying our backyard. It was such a sweet gesture of friendship! I would love to thank the giver personally, but can't as none of my family or friends say they brought it and I truly can't think who else it could be.
Does getting a sweet, unexpected, anonymous gift make you happy or does it make you really want to just enjoy it and not wonder who it is from?
I have a friend who never stops by without bringing a gift -- eggs from her chickens or quails, a basket she found free or almost free that she thinks I'd like, produce from her garden, etc. I've told her many times to just come over and visit without bringing a gift, because I'll know we are truly friends when she feels comfortable enough to come 'empty' and maybe leave 'filled' -- but she doesn't seem to be able to.
I guess I just have to be comfortable receiving this gift anonymously and pray for blessings for this person and never get to give a face-to-face thank you.
Do you like to give gifts anonymously? Are you comfortable receiving them? How do you 'pass on' the kindness?
Oct 3rd 2013 new
What a sweet experience to share! I think you did well by putting the flowers in a place of honor for everyone to see. I'm sure whoever gave them can see you really appreciated it. Pay it forward. Keep the good feelings going by doing something kind like that for someone else.

I've received gifts before for no reason, sometimes anonymously, other times not (recent flowers from a friend). It's a great feeling to know someone cares and was thinking of you. If you don't know who it is.. well that just adds to the excitement! I love giving unexpected gifts to people or doing special things for them for no reason. It makes my day when I can help put a smile on someone's face like that. What a blessing! smile Certainly remember them in prayer! Praying
Oct 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said:  Keep the good feelings going by doing something kind like that for someone else.

Ya beat me to it Mary. biggrin
Oct 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: A sweet thing happened to me the other day -- a beautiful pot of mums was placed at my back door! There was no note, no clue as to who left it. They are lovely and I placed them at the center of my Mary Garden where everyone can see them and they cheer us up every time we go in or out or are enjoying our backyard. It was such a sweet gesture of friendship! I would love to thank the giver personally, but can't as none of my family or friends say they brought it and I truly can't think who else it could be.
Does getting a sweet, unexpected, anonymous gift make you happy or does it make you really want to just enjoy it and not wonder who it is from?
I have a friend who never stops by without bringing a gift -- eggs from her chickens or quails, a basket she found free or almost free that she thinks I'd like, produce from her garden, etc. I've told her many times to just come over and visit without bringing a gift, because I'll know we are truly friends when she feels comfortable enough to come 'empty' and maybe leave 'filled' -- but she doesn't seem to be able to.
I guess I just have to be comfortable receiving this gift anonymously and pray for blessings for this person and never get to give a face-to-face thank you.
Do you like to give gifts anonymously? Are you comfortable receiving them? How do you 'pass on' the kindness?
The very nice gesture says a lot for you Rachel, and what you mean to a friend. I would just continue to do what I'm sure you do anyway- commit small acts of kindness to strangers. theheart
Posts 1 - 4 of 4