Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Here's just a little something to build us all up and challenge us today (found on Facebook)! Love you all!

"Here's a challenge for all of us today, folks:

BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO BE HUMBLE.

I am totally a repeat offender on this one. Honestly, this is a note more to myself than anyone else. I don't know if you all feel this way, but I am so scared to be humble. In being humble, I have to admit that I'm not the most important person in my life. In being humble, I have to admit that I'm not in charge. In being humble, I have to admit that there's more to me than what I do and the choices I make......

......and that scares the crap out of me.

We are not made to be consumed. We regard ourselves as things rather than beautifully crafted human beings. Because we have taken the humanity out of humans, we have cheapened ourselves. We have sold ourselves short. We let our definition be set by our actions rather than who we were MADE INTRINSICALLY to be. Well, I am not a used Starbucks cup! You are not an outdated, broken TV! WE ARE NOT THINGS. To be humble, we must accept our own intrinsic value as HUMANS. We must accept our own value before we can value those around us.

It's so easy to accept what society tells you - "You are what you do" - WRONG. You are BEAUTIFUL, BELOVED, A HOLY TEMPLE, AND DESPERATELY WANTED. And that's not because of what you do - that's because of who you were made to be. When we accept that, THEN we can be humble enough to see others in the same way and with the same value. C'mon, FACEBOOK! WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD, if only we'll see ourselves as the beautiful creation we were made to be!!!!! #firedup"

Hope this builds you all up today! Lots of love,
Kelsey
Posts 1 - 1 of 1