Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

See the article below:

Catholic priests (on contract) to the U.S. military may face arrest or disciplinary action if they perform any of their chaplain duties (on government property >> e.g. military bases) during the federal government shutdown.

What a spiteful and vindictive president we have. Unbelievable.

Title of article - "Catholic priests in military face arrest for celebrating Mass"
www.foxnews.com

Ed
Oct 4th 2013 new
You dare speak against Emperor Barakus Obamus? eyepopping

Actually not much surprises me any more. A childhood friend of my great nephew is the parochial vicar of a neighboring parish and is about to become an Air Force Chaplain. Looks like he's heading into a hornet's nest.
Oct 4th 2013 new
Ed- I'm not surprised. Obummer has shown nothing but contempt for our church. What about other chaplains? What about Jewish and Muslim clergy? Is it just us?

Oct 4th 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: See the article below:

Catholic priests (on contract) to the U.S. military may face arrest or disciplinary action if they perform any of their chaplain duties (on government property >> e.g. military bases) during the federal government shutdown.

What a spiteful and vindictive president we have. Unbelievable.

Title of article - "Catholic priests in military face arrest for celebrating Mass"
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/04/catholic-priests-in-military-face-arrest-for-celebrating-mass/

Ed
Exactly, spiteful and vindictive. Words I have been trying to think of to describe this petulant, childish little man and his junior high school pals who have taken over this country. My son tells me they shut down Fleet Week in San Franfreako. A lot of disappointed kids!
Oct 4th 2013 new
From your article:

"I find it odd that the military was able to find enough cash to let their football teams play this weekend but they cant scrounge up enough cash for weekend church services."

Amazing.
Oct 4th 2013 new
This is shameful. But I too am not surprised at anything this administration does. But it still shocks the 4711 out of me! I am sick of this, when I lived in Chicago, the Catholics or Christians were not allowed to openly worship but the Muslims could open their carpets anywhere in the streets and kneel down and worship and nobody better get in their way. Their women were allowed to cover their faces, but we had to be in uniform. And not let our Crucifixes show or it may offend someone. And they always got all of their "holy" days off as a group, went to visit their countries for a month at a time. But I had to work Good Friday and could never take off more than a week at a time for vacation. Disrespected women in MY country. And on and on.... I am tired of this, we need to stand up now and do something. In the end Jesus Christ will triumph and his blessed Spririt and strength he sends me is what gets me through. But it still makes me shudder the thought. And it's all happening so fast now.
Praying theheart hug
Oct 4th 2013 new
The scariest thing is that the mainstream media fails to report any of this. Are you frightened? Not nearly frightened enough!
Oct 4th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: From your article:

"I find it odd that the military was able to find enough cash to let their football teams play this weekend but they cant scrounge up enough cash for weekend church services."

Amazing.

Notice, as copied from the news article, that priests (on contract to the military) are not even allowed to volunteer their services:

----------------------------------

(Archbishop Timothy Broglio of the Archdiocese for the Military Services) -- Broglio said some military bases have forbidden the contract priests from volunteering to celebrate Mass without pay.

They were told they cannot function because those are contracted services and since theres no funding they cant do it even if they volunteer, he said. ......

..... The archbishop said it doesnt make any sense to forbid priests from voluntarily ministering to the troops.

Most of us dont look to see that were going to be paid before we do something, he said. They are not being allowed to volunteer even to meet the needs of the faithful.

-------------------------------------

Ed

Oct 4th 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said:

Notice, as copied from the news article, that priests (on contract to the military) are not even allowed to volunteer their services:

----------------------------------

(Archbishop Timothy Broglio of the Archdiocese for the Military Services) -- Broglio said some military bases have forbidden the contract priests from volunteering to celebrate Mass without pay.

They were told they cannot function because those are contracted services and since theres no funding they cant do it even if they volunteer, he said. ......

..... The archbishop said it doesnt make any sense to forbid priests from voluntarily ministering to the troops.

Most of us dont look to see that were going to be paid before we do something, he said. They are not being allowed to volunteer even to meet the needs of the faithful.

-------------------------------------

Ed

Thanks Ed. I wonder how those Catholics who voted for Obama feel now.
Oct 5th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: Thanks Ed. I wonder how those Catholics who voted for Obama feel now.
They think he is great. Just as the rest of the lame brain liberals of whatever belief system.

I know that honest, intelligent and God fearing liberals do exist. But they are completely overshadowed and cowed by the Obummer/Harry Reid/Nancy Pelosi, ignorant, bigoted moron liberals, the real and modern Nazis.
Posts 1 - 10 of 17