Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Man over 50 never married

Oct 6th 2013 new
After four months I search a lot man over 50 never married in catholic match , I just wonder they look a young woman under 40 th , and in they profile still want children three or four? It 's not to old to have kids?
Oct 6th 2013 new
I know what you mean Angelika Nat ~ I suppose the men are praying for children no matter what. They are blessed to be able to have children to such an age. I think it is too old to start a family, but it is God's will. I think they should look for those closer to their age group though.
Oct 7th 2013 new
If I do get married, the church does say I should be open to having children. Well, I do hope to have children, but I still realize they will graduate high school when I am over 70. This will need to be talked about with any lady I may marry. While I am not limiting myself to ladies who are under 40, I do wonder about having children.
Oct 7th 2013 new
(quote) AngelikaNatasia-975780 said: After four months I search a lot man over 50 never married in catholic match , I just wonder they look a young woman under 40 th , and in they profile still want children three or four? It 's not to old to have kids?
sorry if I had misunderstood this post................I wondered if the op meant the gentlemen
were only interested in much younger women
Oct 7th 2013 new
It could be that a person in his 50's expecting to marry an older woman also expects that she will need to use fertility drugs in order to conceive. In that case, he had better be ready for a big family because the use of fertility-inducing drugs definitely increases the chances of multiple births! Once again, I am not endorsing or encouraging such aspirations; I am simply making an observation. I often ask myself the same questions-- I read profiles too. Also, one could be hoping to adopt.
Oct 7th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: It could be that a person in his 50's expecting to marry an older woman also expects that she will need to use fertility drugs in order to conceive. In that case, he had better be ready for a big family because the use of fertility-inducing drugs definitely increases the chances of multiple births! Once again, I am not endorsing or encouraging such aspirations; I am simply making an observation. I often ask myself the same questions-- I read profiles too. Also, one could be hoping to adopt.
Andrew, I can not imagine any good man "expecting" his future wife to "use fertility drugs." It is true there are good medications to boost a woman's fertility, and increasing the chances of conception, but there are many associated risks. Artificially stimulated hormone surges in a woman aren't particularly healthy. I have read so many comments in these forums about this issue. I understand that desire for children from a woman's perspective. I was pregnant more times than I can count on two hands, and only carried one child to term. I suffered from primary and then secondary infertility. It is painful to not have the children you desire but to put physical fertility as a qualifier for marriage is objectifying the woman for her fertility. I would hope that men are first looking for a wife, a good Catholic wife. I would love to have a faithful and faith-filled Catholic husband. I would also hope to have a "fertile marriage" (in my late middle and senior years) through shared ministry, volunteer work, an apostolate, etc. We focus on the physical fertility of children and forget that the relationship is about the couple, the man and wife, and their journey to heaven. Finally, thank-you for mentioning adoption. There are several women here on CM that are adopting children, as single moms, and giving children a chance to have a Catholic mom. These gals are gems!!!
Oct 11th 2013 new
I just happened to look at my own response to this question of "ideal numer of children," and I see that I put "3-5." When I quizzed myself on why I chose that answer, I realized that as an idealist, I took the question rather broadly. I was thinking not as much of "what is practical for me today?" but more along the lines of "If you could just blink your eyes and fix your life situation to be the ideal situation, how many children would be around your table with you and your wife?" In that case, 3-5 would be ideal. That probably does not mean that I would be giddy and praising God if I woke up tomorrow morning and found the stork at my window with a wife and five children and my mother nudging me out of bed saying, "What have you done? Will you please take care of that stork!" I will also say that I answered that question many years ago, when I was younger and had the tiniest bit more hope than I have now. Obviously, today, even one wife and one child would be a huge miracle for which I would be greatly appreciative. Of course, a widow with five loving children might also discover me some day, if she is smart and maybe just a bit brave.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7