Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

I could use a few prayers

Oct 8th 2013 new
Oct 10th is 7 years since Tom died. I am doing okay...but hope to be doing better. THE saving grace thru this whole deal is knowing our mission is to help the other get to Heaven. Tom had all the sacraments, and so many prayers while he was sick and dying. Our son was told on his 16th birthday that his dad was terminal. He just turned 23 on Sept 26th, He is graduating from University of Iowa in Dec 13, he's been a Net Missionary and Catholic Urban Project in Ysipilanti Michigan. He's applying to Generation Life, out of PA, so I have lots to be thankful for,
I actually had a couple of dates, with a local widower It took all my courage to even go on the few dates we had,...then he made a pass....and I couldn't run away any faster. I found it insulting and not at all romantic. I felt like all of his attention was because he wanted sex. I am suprised it affected me this badly. I need to get it together, quit whining, and laugh it off. So maybe a few prayers over the next few days will help. Thanks and God BLess.
Oct 8th 2013 new
Cathy--my thoughts and prayers are with you as you work your way through these times. Chris
Oct 8th 2013 new
Praying rosary theheart
Oct 9th 2013 new
hug hug
One of the frustrating parts of widowhood is, it's a rollercoaster. Just when you think you are healed, something triggers a painful reaction.
Hang in there, kiddo!
Oct 14th 2013 new
Praying theheart hugMarge said it exactly...you are strong and God will see you through. Praying theheart hug
Oct 14th 2013 new
Praying
Oct 15th 2013 new
First of all, hug hug Cathy! Marge is right--it's a rollercoaster at times, and you just have to keep breathing and going forward. Praying

Enjoy friendships as much as possible. Something magical will take you by surprise some day and NOT MAKE you run away! crossfingers shhh hug
Oct 16th 2013 new
Congratulation to you and your son . You get a Gold Star! rose hug Thank be to God for his abundant blessings.
Prayers offered that you would find a suitable spouse.

Praying rosary theheart
Dec 14th 2013 new
Praying Praying rosary
Dec 14th 2013 new
Hugs and prayers. Life after the loss of our spouses is an entirely new sort of world. Know you are not alone in that world. Be well, I will be thinking of you and praying and sending lots of love.
Posts 1 - 10 of 14