Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

DON'T BUY THESE STAMPS! THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 1, 2013. PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS DIRECTED THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE TO REMEMBER AND HONOR THE EID MUSLIM HOLIDAY SEASON WITH A NEW COMMEEMORATIVE 46 CENT FIRST CLASS HOLIDAY POSTAGE STAMP. THE NEW STAMP IS THE SECOND MUSLIM STAMP, AND CELEBRATES MUSLIM HOLIDAY! IF THERE IS ONLY ONE THING YOU FORWARD TODAY, LET IT BE THIS. REMEMBER TO ADAMANTLY BOYCOTT THIS STAMP WHEN YOU PURCHASE STAMPS ANYWHERE. ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS, NO THANK YOU, I DON'T WANT A MUSLIM STAMP ON MY LETTERS! BUY OUR US FLAG STAMP INSTEAD, PLEASE!!! PASS THIS ALONG TO EVERY PATRIOTIC AMERICAN YOU KNOW AND GET THE WORD OUT! HONOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WHICH WAS FOUNDED ON THE BELIEFS OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net

Oct 10th 2013 new
Two things:

1. Eid stamps exist, but the stamps pictured are NOT Eid stamps.

2. This was not started by Obama. The first Eid stamps were issued way back in 2001, when President Bush was in office.

www.hoax-slayer.com
Oct 10th 2013 new
A couple more points.

The stamps pictured in the first post, called Kaleidoscope Flowers, are ALREADY available for purchase at the USPS online store.
Read the description at this link. As you can see they have nothing to do with Islam: store.usps.com.

As for the actual Eid stamp itself: If you are not a Muslim, you're not in the target market anyway. Just like Muslims aren't in the target market for Christmas stamps. I would think that both of those stamps you have to specifically ASK for.

You can see a picture of an Eid stamp in the Hoax-Slayer article I posted above.
Oct 10th 2013 new
This is the current Eid stamp, issued in August:

store.usps.com.

Oct 10th 2013 new
Well I wouldn't think to buy them because I only ever get the standard flag stamps. I've never heard of Eid but have no objection to it. There is a significant population here of muslims already and why it should bother anyone to have a holiday stamp for them is beyond me. Christians have had Christmas and other holiday stamps for years as well as other religions have had their stamps. Now is the stamp said something like Jhad or something degrogitory then of course I could seen an objection. Frankly as someone who used to collect stamps they appear kind of borng and non descript and wouldn't appeal to me in the least.
Oct 10th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-383906 said: DON'T BUY THESE STAMPS! THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 1, 2013. PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS DIRECTED THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE TO REMEMBER AND HONOR THE EID MUSLIM HOLIDAY SEASON WITH A NEW COMMEEMORATIVE 46 CENT FIRST CLASS HOLIDAY POSTAGE STAMP. THE NEW STAMP IS THE SECOND MUSLIM STAMP, AND CELEBRATES MUSLIM HOLIDAY! IF THERE IS ONLY ONE THING YOU FORWARD TODAY, LET IT BE THIS. REMEMBER TO ADAMANTLY BOYCOTT THIS STAMP WHEN YOU PURCHASE STAMPS ANYWHERE. ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS, NO THANK YOU, I DON'T WANT A MUSLIM STAMP ON MY LETTERS! BUY OUR US FLAG STAMP INSTEAD, PLEASE!!! PASS THIS ALONG TO EVERY PATRIOTIC AMERICAN YOU KNOW AND GET THE WORD OUT! HONOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WHICH WAS FOUNDED ON THE BELIEFS OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/988736_630043900350681_1222976106_n.jpg

A Muslim holiday stamp has been issued every year since 2002.

The Post office has also been issuing a stamp for that phoney, recently invented Kwanza nonsense since the 1990's as well as a Chinese New Year stamp.

They have also issued a Hannuka stamp almost as long as the Christmas Stamps.

Boycotting the EID stamp is, in my opinion, silly. Why shouldn't a stamp be issued for all the major religious holidays of all the major, real religions which are represented by the US population?
Posts 1 - 6 of 6