Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 10th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: http://kdvr.com/2013/10/09/tattooed-jesus-billboard-angers-texas-faithful/
It doesn't appear to be offensive. Visual impact is what grabs our attention. Tattoos are a fact of life these days, although they're not for me personally. I would envision a heart and "Mom" on our Savior's upper bicep! theheart
Oct 10th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: It doesn't appear to be offensive. Visual impact is what grabs our attention. Tattoos are a fact of life these days, although they're not for me personally. I would envision a heart and "Mom" on our Savior's upper bicep!
My computer won't play the video but from the description I thought it sounded clever and not offensive.
Oct 10th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: http://kdvr.com/2013/10/09/tattooed-jesus-billboard-angers-texas-faithful/
It's a good 6 minute video. It's not offensive and it has a good message! I can see why the people would find it offensive looking at a billboard.
Oct 10th 2013 new
I am not into tattoos, but I did not find anything offensive about it myself. It really is very creative way of attracting people who have never been to church to Jesus Christ as much as Christian concerts can be a good way to draw youths to Jesus Christ. I wish the organization much success. Another thing the word tattoo is synonymn for label. This is a great post, Ann and an original one.
Oct 10th 2013 new
The video has a great message. The billboard does not depict it properly. I would have a negative reaction to the billboard if I were driving by it, but would like to share the video with others.
Oct 11th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I am not into tattoos, but I did not find anything offensive about it myself. It really is very creative way of attracting people who have never been to church to Jesus Christ as much as Christian concerts can be a good way to draw youths to Jesus Christ. I wish the organization much success. Another thing the word tattoo is synonym for label. This is a great post, Ann and an original one.
Now the only way if I would have been offended by the billboard is of the contents of the tatoos would have been vulgar in ways I should not have to explain. What was shown on the billboard was more sensitive and that is why I would have questioned what it that they are trying to do by putting that up for anyone who drives by to see. And it turns out that it could be a good thing.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7