Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

This was passed along to me i\through my e-mail.

Hobby Lobby May Close All Stores

Thewisdomthat comes from above is, first, pure,
then peaceable, gentle, open toreason, full of mercy and good fruits,
without uncertainty orinsincerity." - James
3:17

David Green, founder & CEO
of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

When my family and I started
ourcompany 40 years ago,
we were working out of a garage on a
$600 bankloan,
assembling miniature picture
frames. Our
first retail store
wasn't much bigger than most people's
living rooms, but
we hadfaith that we would succeed if we
lived and worked
according to God'sword.

From there,
Hobby Lobby has become one of the nation's
largest arts and
crafts retailers, with more than 500
locations in41
states. Our children grew up into fine
business leaders,
andtoday we run Hobby Lobby together,
as a family.

We're Christians,and we run our business on
Christian principles. I've always said that the
first two goals of our business are (1) to run our business in
harmonywith God's
laws, and (2) to focus on people more than
money.
And that's whatwe've tried to do. We close
early so our employees can see their familiesat night.
We keep our stores closed on Sundays, one of the week's
biggest shopping days, so that our workers and their families
canenjoy a day of rest.

We believe that it is by God's
grace thatHobby Lobby has
endured, and he has blessed us and
our employees.We've
not only added jobs in a weak
economy, we've raised wages
for the past four years in a
row. Our full-time employees
start at80% above minimum
wage.

But now, our government threatens to changeall of
that.

A new government healthcare mandate says that our
family business MUST provide what I believe are
abortion-causing drugsas part of our health insurance.
Being Christians, we don't pay for drugsthat might cause
abortions, which means that we don't cover emergency
contraception, the morning-after pill or the week-after
pill. Webelieve doing so might end a life after the
moment of conception,something that is contrary to our most
important beliefs. It goes againstthe Biblical
principles on which we have run this
company since dayone.

If we refuse to comply, we could face $1.3 million PER DAY
ingovernment fines.
Our government threatens to fine job creators in a bad
economy. Our government threatens to fine a company
that's raisedwages four years running.
Our government
threatens to fine a familyfor running its
business according to its beliefs. It's not right. I know
people will say we ought to follow the rules; that it's the
same foreverybody. But that's not true. The government
has exempted thousands ofcompanies from this mandate,
for reasons of convenience or cost. But itwon't exempt
them for reasons of religious belief.

So, Hobby Lobbyand my family are forced to make a choice.
With great reluctance, we fileda lawsuit today, represented
by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty,asking a federal
court to stop this mandate before it
hurts ourbusiness. We don't like to go running into
court, but we no longer have a
choice.
We believe peopleare more important than the
bottom line and that honoring God
is moreimportant than turning a profit.

My family has lived the Americandream. We want to
continue growing our company and providing great jobs
for thousands of employees, but the government is going to
make thatmuch more difficult. The government is forcing
us to choose betweenfollowing our faith and following the
law. I say that's a choice noAmerican and no American
business should have to make.

Thegovernment cannot force you to follow laws that go
against yourfundamental religious belief.
They have exempted thousands of companiesbut will not except

Christian organizations including the Catholicchurch.

Since you will not see this in the liberal media,
pleasepass this on to all your contacts.

Sincerely,
David Green
CEO andFounder of
Hobby Lobby Stores,Inc.

Oct 12th 2013 new
Indeed, we should pray for (and contribute financially towards) the success of the legal efforts to overturn the odious HHS mandate, but this piece is out of date. It appeared in USA Today (and, presumably other venues) in September 2012.
Oct 12th 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: Indeed, we should pray for (and contribute financially towards) the success of the legal efforts to overturn the odious HHS mandate, but this piece is out of date. It appeared in USA Today (and, presumably other venues) in September 2012.
I am aware of that it is not new, but I recieved it and thought it should be brought back up again.
Oct 12th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I am aware of that it is not new, but I recieved it and thought it should be brought back up again.
Here is an update from back in August of 2013. The fight is still on.Later in September 2012, other groups circulated petitions criticizing Hobby Lobby for its stance against the mandate and calling for a boycott of the company. And some more than 80,000 mis-informed Christians signed a petition accusing Hobby Lobby's owners of using their Christian faith as an excuse to obstruct health care reform and deny women access to birth control. Petitioners vowed to not shop at Hobby Lobby until the lawsuit, filed on Sept. 12 in U.S. District Court in Oklahoma City, is dismissed.

Read more at www.snopes.com

Oct 12th 2013 new
Thank you for bringing this up. As Catholics, we need to spread the word about this mandate and how destructive it is for Christian organizations. What we hear on our secular, mainstream media is at best, only a smidgen of the truth, if even that.

Here are some of the lawsuits filed by Christian organizations against this mandate, one of which is from Hobby Lobby (over 200 other plaintiffs) :
www.becketfund.org

Here's more accurate information about the actual HHS mandate, as opposed to what you would hear in our mainstream media:
www.becketfund.org

Here is an older article about Hobby Lobby, their owner, and the HHS mandate:
www.becketfund.org

And here's the most updated information I could find about Hobby Lobby. Please note the title:

Obama Admin Takes Hobby Lobby to Supreme Court to Force it to Obey HHS Mandate

www.lifenews.com

I wonder how much money our government is spending trying to enforce this mandate (attacking Christian organizations in court)? Is our government spending hundreds of dollars trying to enforce this mandate? Thousands? Millions? More?

What if our government stopped attacking Christian entities, how much would our government be saving? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? And what better purpose could this money be used for?

We're a nation with it's economy in the toilet. And our government is spending money trying to take away a business's right for religious liberty? There's something very wrong with this picture everyone. We can't afford this....financially or freedom wise.
Oct 12th 2013 new
Praying rose theheart I am praying for hobby lobby and other Christian organizations to win the. fight. No matter what happens to all of us, it may be really hard to bare, but through persecution comes renewed strength. Jesus makes all things new. And in the end Jesus' heart will triumph. Praying rose theheart
Oct 12th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: I am praying for hobby lobby and other Christian organizations to win the. fight. No matter what happens to all of us, it may be really hard to bare, but through persecution comes renewed strength. Jesus makes all things new. And in the end Jesus' heart will triumph.
God bless you Jane, if these Christian organizations and for-profit businesses win it is a not a big victory for only them but also for us. Praying
Oct 13th 2013 new
Let's not forget to continue writing our legislature and representatives about our views on these bills as 1/3 are Pro-Life, 1/3 are Pro-Abortion, and 1/3 still want to keep their jobs! It is good also to let them know just how we feel about Hobby Lobby's issue specifically since they've been willing to stick their necks out publicly for what is right. May all of our Catholic businesses big or small, have the bravery and initiative to do so!
Oct 14th 2013 new
(quote) Marie-358484 said: Let's not forget to continue writing our legislature and representatives about our views on these bills as 1/3 are Pro-Life, 1/3 are Pro-Abortion, and 1/3 still want to keep their jobs! It is good also to let them know just how we feel about Hobby Lobby's issue specifically since they've been willing to stick their necks out publicly for what is right. May all of our Catholic businesses big or small, have the bravery and initiative to do so!
Not just Hobby Lobby. Souix Chief Manufacturing designs and manufactures rough plumbing products, parts, and accessories for residential, commercial, industrial and government applications, only in America because they listen to their customers. Sioux Chief is based in Missouri, and also sells products under the Tomahawk brand.. That is why they are keeping jobs in America.

Oct 14th 2013 new
Obama and his fellow Wall Street rapists need to drive down the birth rate because the economy is so destroyed that it can't support a growing population.
Posts 1 - 10 of 18