Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

More favorite movie lines...

Oct 14th 2013 new
That last thread closed right when good stuff was coming to mind!

"Love. You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home"
Capt. Malcom Reynolds in Serenity

Oct 14th 2013 new
One of my favorite exchanges from Roadhouse, Dalton, looking to rent an apartment above Emmet's barn:

Emmet:
It ain't the money you understand, but if I don't charge ya something the Presbyterians around here are likely to pray for my ruination. How's $100 a month?
Dalton:
Fine.
Emmet:
Sure you can afford that?
Dalton:
If it keeps you in the good graces of the church.
Emmet:
Ain't it peculiar how money seems to do that very thing!
Oct 14th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said: One of my favorite exchanges from Roadhouse, Dalton, looking to rent an apartment above Emmet's barn:

Emmet:
It ain't the money you understand, but if I don't charge ya something the Presbyterians around here are likely to pray for my ruination. How's $100 a month?
Dalton:
Fine.
Emmet:
Sure you can afford that?
Dalton:
If it keeps you in the good graces of the church.
Emmet:
Ain't it peculiar how money seems to do that very thing!
laughing laughing
I forgot who played Emmet but it was funny when his house was burning down and Dalton (Swayze) carried him out and laid him down.....and sort of fell on him while asking: "Emmet, Emmet you okay?"
To which he replied: "I'll be fine if you'll get offa me"
Oct 14th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said:
I forgot who played Emmet but it was funny when his house was burning down and Dalton (Swayze) carried him out and laid him down.....and sort of fell on him while asking: "Emmet, Emmet you okay?"
To which he replied: "I'll be fine if you'll get offa me"
John glad you started this thread again. It's been fun.
Here's one from another Swayze movie:
"Oh you ain't seen bad........but it's coming!" (Next of Kin)
Oct 14th 2013 new
Here's one:
"You know.....Lots of people graduate in 7 years" (Chris Farley/Tommy)
"Yeah, they're called doctors" (David Spade/Richard)
In: "Tommy Boy"
Oct 19th 2013 new

Natalia: Like sunlight, sunset, we appear, we disappear. We are so important to some, but we are just passing through. . . . Before Midnight
Oct 20th 2013 new
Im a good guy,Im a bad guy.Stanley Ridges.(Dust Be My Destiny)
Oct 23rd 2013 new
Alright,canary.Start singing.George Raft(Each Dawn I Die)
Oct 24th 2013 new
"Hey chief can you tell me how far it is to Davenport?" Richard (David Spade) "Twenty-two miles" Gas Attendant (David Huband) "Hmmm....well on the map... that doesn't show" (Spade) "Well you need to get yourself a new map" (Huband)
all in : "Tommy Boy"

(I love this scene! Just the dry delivery of Huband and the whole exchange is hilarious!)
Oct 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: "Hey chief can you tell me how far it is to Davenport?" Richard (David Spade) "Twenty-two miles" Gas Attendant (David Huband) "Hmmm....well on the map... that doesn't show" (Spade) "Well you need to get yourself a new map" (Huband)
all in : "Tommy Boy"

(I love this scene! Just the dry delivery of Huband and the whole exchange is hilarious!)
Loved everything about that movie.

Jerry, if yuo get the opportunity check out the opening scene to the show Corner Gas. Canadian Comedy series from years back based in Saskatchewan. The show itself, I enjoy watching any and every episode for the dry delivery of many of the jokes

www.youtube.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 162