Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 14th 2013 new
Prayers..as teachers we are suffering everywhere. You have my love and prayers
Oct 14th 2013 new
Grace,
I am an educator as well and it seems like the sign of the times. Education is in crunch mode.
Some things I do:
1.Positive, positive positive GOD centered. I take my Holy Water to school, Read my daily scripture and have an uplifting women's devotional in my desk.
2. I get to work over an hour earlier than anyone else. I get my day and head straight prior to all the activity.
3.I work out most days. A good sweat really is awesome! In fact I am going to double up for a while and go early in the morning and add the afternoon for a bit as well. If not for the exercise but for the positive surroundings. People who exercise are uplifting!
4. I draw the line. I work incredibly focused all throughout the day then have a time I just say I am out of here.
5. Remain in the moment of just today. If you have to wiggle your toes just to remind yourself TO STAY WHERE YOUR FEET ARE. Not the past future or even the morning just right there, deal with just right there. Bring nothing else to it. No mind reading, no forcasting or projecting no resentments of the past.
6.Laugh Laugh Laugh Find some other teachers to commiserate with and hear their side of things. You will be surprised how lots of others are SUPER STRESSED and UNDER APPRECIATED and you will have a good laugh at how things are rocking and rolling.
7. Plan the afternoon in your head, plan your weekend in your head, look forward to something fun for yourself and do it.
8.Sometimes, well I have an office, but when there are no students in the room, shut the door , put a nice lamp on and just sit, be still, pray & talk to your best friend God, drink a nice coffee / tea , If it is super duper stressful. lock the door and turn the lights out and have a ten minute rest and close your eyes. Yes everything you knew you knew in kindergarten LOL.
9. Sometimes when alone and doing paperwork I switch gears and put my favorite music on on my IPOD put the ear phones in get into my groove and re balance.
10. I am in administration CAN YOU TELL LOL But I am affable and listen and help to take the load of the staff. I wish you had that too.
11. Focus on the giving service to the children. Try to imagine what it must feel like from their point of view and how uneasy they may feel when things are not stable in the environment and be compassionate.

I understand that it is real , true and more then you can take right now. I am validating you. It is real and your feelings are very valid. It is a very difficult spot to be in. God may be giving you a nudge to consider looking for a more supportive administration and Special Educations Team to work with.

We mostly are doing 4 jobs at the same time due to cuts and sizes of classrooms right now. It is not an ideal time to be a teacher that is for sure!
I hope this soothes and helps you some? You are not alone in this and there are people who care about you!
Blessings and Grace to you!
Linda

Oct 14th 2013 new
Another teacher chiming in- hugs and prayers!
Oct 14th 2013 new
Prayers coming your way. I taught college for 7 years and it doesn't get any better I'm afraid. Just hang in there for the children. They are worth it!!
Oct 14th 2013 new
I hoped you might enjoy this, too.

October 14, 2013. (Romereports.com) (-ONLY VIDEO-)

At the end of Sunday's Mass, Pope Francis
entrusted the world to Our Lady of Fatima with a special prayer in front of thousands of pilgrims at St. Peter's Square.

The statue was brought from its Shrine in Portugal. At her feet, Pope Francis prayed for Our Lady's protection to the world and for the reinforcement of people's goodwill. Also, he asked her to revive the faith and charity in people so that they look after those who suffer and those excluded from society.

COMPLETE TEXT OF POPE FRANCIS' PRAYER:

Blessed Mary, Our Lady of Fatima, with renewed gratitude by your motherly presence we unite our voice to that of all generations that call you blessed.

We celebrate with you the mighty works of God, who never gets tired of bending over mankind, beset by evil and wounded by sin, with mercy to heal and to save it.

Mother, embrace with benevolence this act of entrustment that we make today with confidence, before this your image which is so dear to us.

We are confident that each of us is precious in your sight and that nothing is alien to you of all that dwells in our hearts. We are touched by the gaze of your sweet eyes and welcome the comforting caress of your smile.

Safeguard our lives in your arms: bless and strengthen every desire for goodness, revitalize and nourish our faith, sustain and brighten the hope that stirs the soul and charity ; guide all of us on the path of holiness.

Teach us your same love and preference for the young and the poor, the marginalized and the suffering, for sinners and those whose hearts are lost: gather all under your protection and deliver us all to your beloved Son, our Lord Jesus. Amen.

Oct 14th 2013 new
If your boss will not talk to you, that's a big problem. If the boss takes the other person's side no matter what, that's a problem. You don't control that.

But I wonder how it is possible that your "co-worker/co-teacher is just dumping all of her work on" you? She controls whether she tries to dump. You control whether you pick up her dump. Why are you doing her part?

I'd definitely stop doing her part.

Oct 15th 2013 new
Hi Gracde, You've been given a lot of really good advice about the job situation and I will definitely pray for you. I would also suggest that you call 1 or 2 of your friends and tell them that you're really stressed out by some work things, coould they make time for a girls' night out. I know that sometimes I get so involved in my own life that I don't see what ny friiends need, but it doesn't mean I don't care. I just need them to snap their fingers to get my attention! God bless you, you are in my prayers!
Oct 15th 2013 new

The Prayer of St. Patrick

I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;
Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of the wind,
Depth of the sea,
Stability of the earth,
Firmness of the rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's hosts to save me
Afar and anear,
Alone or in a mulitude.

Christ shield me today
Against wounding
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through the mighty strength
Of the Lord of creation.

Oct 16th 2013 new
Oct 16th 2013 new
Thank you for all of the prayers. I met with my boss and we are going to have a meeting with my co-worker/co-teacher, but I have a feeling that we are not going to meet. I don't want to do her work anymore. I am still stressed out at work and quite often I do not even want to get up for work. I am really trying to focus on the students that I have in the classroom, but it is hard with all of this going on with my co-teacher. I feel like that I am doing a disservice to the students when I have to be always doing double the work. When I take off people are always looking for me. I never take off and I take my job seriously. I am the certified teacher and I know that my role is to oversee her IEPs, but she is using that against me and saying that I need to do the work for her. I am too nice all of the time, but I don't know how to approach everything. I love teaching special needs students, but I don't like having to do two people's work. It has not improved at all in the classroom. I feel like I am walking on eggshells being around her and then to top off my paraprofessionals are on my case about scheduling a certain thing and that we are going to get in trouble for not doing it. They can take the initiative. I feel like I am not wanted in my classroom this year and one of them is supposedly my really good friend outside of the classroom, but I feel like we are not anymore.
Posts 31 - 40 of 44