I am an educator as well and it seems like the sign of the times. Education is in crunch mode.
Some things I do:
1.Positive, positive positive GOD centered. I take my Holy Water to school, Read my daily scripture and have an uplifting women's devotional in my desk.
2. I get to work over an hour earlier than anyone else. I get my day and head straight prior to all the activity.
3.I work out most days. A good sweat really is awesome! In fact I am going to double up for a while and go early in the morning and add the afternoon for a bit as well. If not for the exercise but for the positive surroundings. People who exercise are uplifting!
4. I draw the line. I work incredibly focused all throughout the day then have a time I just say I am out of here.
5. Remain in the moment of just today. If you have to wiggle your toes just to remind yourself TO STAY WHERE YOUR FEET ARE. Not the past future or even the morning just right there, deal with just right there. Bring nothing else to it. No mind reading, no forcasting or projecting no resentments of the past.
6.Laugh Laugh Laugh Find some other teachers to commiserate with and hear their side of things. You will be surprised how lots of others are SUPER STRESSED and UNDER APPRECIATED and you will have a good laugh at how things are rocking and rolling.
7. Plan the afternoon in your head, plan your weekend in your head, look forward to something fun for yourself and do it.
8.Sometimes, well I have an office, but when there are no students in the room, shut the door , put a nice lamp on and just sit, be still, pray & talk to your best friend God, drink a nice coffee / tea , If it is super duper stressful. lock the door and turn the lights out and have a ten minute rest and close your eyes. Yes everything you knew you knew in kindergarten LOL.
9. Sometimes when alone and doing paperwork I switch gears and put my favorite music on on my IPOD put the ear phones in get into my groove and re balance.
10. I am in administration CAN YOU TELL LOL But I am affable and listen and help to take the load of the staff. I wish you had that too.
11. Focus on the giving service to the children. Try to imagine what it must feel like from their point of view and how uneasy they may feel when things are not stable in the environment and be compassionate.
I understand that it is real , true and more then you can take right now. I am validating you. It is real and your feelings are very valid. It is a very difficult spot to be in. God may be giving you a nudge to consider looking for a more supportive administration and Special Educations Team to work with.
We mostly are doing 4 jobs at the same time due to cuts and sizes of classrooms right now. It is not an ideal time to be a teacher that is for sure!
I hope this soothes and helps you some? You are not alone in this and there are people who care about you!
Blessings and Grace to you!
October 14, 2013. (Romereports.com) (-ONLY VIDEO-)
At the end of Sunday's Mass, Pope Francis entrusted the world to Our Lady of Fatima with a special prayer in front of thousands of pilgrims at St. Peter's Square.
But I wonder how it is possible that your "co-worker/co-teacher is just dumping all of her work on" you? She controls whether she tries to dump. You control whether you pick up her dump. Why are you doing her part?
I'd definitely stop doing her part.
The Prayer of St. Patrick
I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;
Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of the wind,
Depth of the sea,
Stability of the earth,
Firmness of the rock.
I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's hosts to save me
Afar and anear,
Alone or in a mulitude.
Christ shield me today
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.
I arise today
Through the mighty strength
Of the Lord of creation.