Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jul 27 new
Annie,

I always let the man take the lead. Just my nature to do so. Just be yourself but be sensitive to others. You'll know his true colors within 3 months--usually!

I'm a big believer in letting God take control. Keep your intentions in Our Lady's heart, and St. Joseph--the Holy Family.

Jeannie

Aug 01 new
Annie, a bold and honest attitude is not necessarily something that will scare a guy away, but I know something that will scare him away. Here on Catholic Match, most men are probably looking for women that accept all the Catholic Church's teachings and I see you are not completely 7/7. So if I were you I'd really study why the Church teaches the issues you disagree with and seriously consider what She has to say. Just FYI :)
Oct 01 new
Well said travis, I agreed with you! why hold feeling, what kind of relation will be hiding things from the first day? Being our yourself is the perfect state of mood always!
Oct 01 new
Well said travis, I agreed with you! why hold feeling, what kind of relation will be hiding things from the first day? Being our self is the perfect state of mood always!
Oct 02 new
You sound a lot like me. I can't say wether being bold or talking a lot scares men away but it certainly seems to put you in the friends zone fairly often. Usually if I'm interested in a guy I don't really show it because the ones I like usually friend zone me and the ones I don't like seem to want a relationship. Can't firgure out why but it is what it is. Maybe having an independent nature put out vibes they don't like who knows. I'd be yourself since I've found over the years that they will learn who you are eventually anyway so why pretend to be something you're not. The right person will accept you as you are....at least that's what I've always believed.
Oct 15 new
Hey Annie, I read your post and laughed because I am the exact same way. Except for me, I'm fairly shy at first, but once you get me talking, I won't shut up, and say things I wonder why I did say later, not like they were bad things to say, but maybe too much at once. Like I was on a 2nd date with someone I met on here, and we were sitting down for lunch after taking a bike ride, and I thought we were hitting it off, but we talked for a good 2.5 hours. There's always a point later on when you think to yourself, "Should I have said that?" But don't let it rattle you, if they never get back to you, or says it's not going to work, it's just not meant to be. That happened to me with her, she sent me a message that it's not going to work, it's not me it's her thing, blah blah blah.

I wish there were more people closer to me honestly, NY is too far for me unfortunately, or else I would be interested.
Oct 15 new
Hello welcome to being another Sanguine. There is nothing wrong with you except you are you. I am the same. I temper myself as the playfulness and being affable is so hard to understand via the typed word in isolation. Here is a suggestion I DO NOT TAKE OFTEN myself rolling eyes

Be you when you talk on the phone and when you want to be you add a day of a lag time. That is put some time between your replies. Just because you live happily and joyfully it does not always jive with the more reserved and analytical personalities.

Yes it scares people a way , yes it is misunderstood but what a joy you are to be with right?

Eventually you will have to be you in any relationship and there are people who love to be with you. It may take some time is all.

At least that has been my experience.

Warm regards
Linda
Sanguine 79% used to be higher before I had to assume more responsibilities.
Oct 27 new
I just want to echo the people who said that if being yourself scares the guy off, you weren't a good match to begin with. That being said, it isn't prudent to rush into a relationship with someone you don't really know. I can't tell you how many times I've thought someone was really great until he stopped being on his best behavior and started revealing what he's really like. It's often best to remember that it takes a certain amount of time to get to know someone, and it's really not possible to be sure you like someone if you haven't spent a lot of time with them. So, my advice would be to be yourself and be honest, but to make haste slowly and wait to confess your feelings until you are sure they are based on the reality of who the guy is and not on who you want or hope him to be.
Oct 27 new
(quote) Jean-504066 said: I just want to echo the people who said that if being yourself scares the guy off, you weren't a good match to begin with. That being said, it isn't prudent to rush into a relationship with someone you don't really know. I can't tell you how many times I've thought someone was really great until he stopped being on his best behavior and started revealing what he's really like. It's often best to remember that it takes a certain amount of time to get to know someone, and it's really not possible to be sure you like someone if you haven't spent a lot of time with them. So, my advice would be to be yourself and be honest, but to make haste slowly and wait to confess your feelings until you are sure they are based on the reality of who the guy is and not on who you want or hope him to be.
Very good Jean. If one is trying to be someone they are not, it WILL come out later. Being yourself is all one can be.
Oct 27 new
Thank you Andy,
Do you think just a young man like yourself can appreciate the affable and bubbly Sanguine like myself? I forgot that men on her may be supper shy. I need to remember that when I just start sharing stories or being happy when I send a note. Does it make men scared? For me I thought a catholic man is strong and real. Someone I can respect and follow~ I was a VERY HIGHLY SHY child and young woman but my profession called me to develop that side of me that engages and gets a long easily. I just like people all types.
I am encouraged that a personality like myself may be welcomed I have to admit it has been a little horrid on here for me as friendliness is shut down and humor is misunderstood. I am not one for phone calls necessarily but the best connections I have had on here is over the phone. To hear the personality and intellect with the laughter is difficult to convey in typing. I just feel Sanguines are misunderstood on here what do you think?
Posts 41 - 50 of 52