Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Best Halloween Party stories

Oct 15th 2013 new
One Halloween my boyfriend was able to acquire the "official Santa Clause suit" worn in the Christmas parade! He was a jolly type of guy with natural rosy cheeks, perfert for the part ( that is, with some stuffing). I had a little red dress and some white tights and a Santa hat etc.. Santa's helper!
First, in costumes (not thinking) we went to Walmart for camera batteries and lots of those tiny candy canes! We ended up appoliging to some mothers cause all the children ran to Santa-- so he went ahead and played the part and passed out candy canes!.(unplanned but secretly fun!!!) Then we exited as quick as we could and went to the party.

There was a terrific restaurant and private club that put on a HUGE Halloween party/dance (adult couples and singles). The place was packed even in the balcony. You can Imagine when Santa entered the room, every one was "thrilled". The waiter had drinks at our table "Before" we were seated, "So where did these come from?" he pointed up in the balcony, that man wants to buy Santa and his helper a drink! That happened ALL night so we shared the drinks with whom ever came by our table. All the ladies wanted to dance with Santa and that was Ok! all the men then decided to dance with Santa's helper. ( we knew the majority of these people anyway) It was all in fun! Every body was having a terrific time!

Time for the band to go on break! Now EVERYONE was in costumes and they were all Good Ones. A couple of ladies came up to our table and wanted to sit on Santa's knee and tell him what they wanted for Chrismas! He scooted out his chair ( and I stood beside him) and they proceeded to tell him, "I want a Royals Royce" ,next lady "I want a fur coat"' etc.... So he reached in his sack and gave each lady a perfume sample. She was so thrilled she announced it to the crowd , "Oh look what Santa gave me".........Oh then here came a big line..so funny, everyone laughing! He "Really" played the part so well !
A man was in line with his wife and stood before Santa. A little stunned, Santa says, "and what can I bring you my good man for Christmas?" ... a pause and then the man pointed at me and said (in fun) , "I want her" -----Santa and I looked at each other , then then pulled out a chair for me next to him........you guessed it all the men then lined up in front of my chair and I passed out those tiny candy canes.
The band got a LONG break, the resturant was happy, every one had a big laugh and a great time. Santa lead the parade for the costume contest as we all marched around the room. Of course we won the couples contest, and lots of prizes were awarded in different categories. Additionally, the restaurant gave us 2 free tickets for steak dinners for pulling off ( and actually quite by accident) the last minute stunt of the Season!
Happy Halloween!
( this IS a True story!!!)
Oct 15th 2013 new
Hi Barb!

What a fun night you had. I only remember bobbing for apples at my great uncles house. And then being in the scary darkness, and hoping not to trip, because of running from house to house for our stash! And what a stash it was!

Oct 15th 2013 new
What a great sorry you must have had such a good time! I'll bet you were cute! Sounds like the best Halloween ever! Boo!
Oct 15th 2013 new
That should say sounds like a good Halloween story!
Oct 15th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-740721 said: One Halloween my boyfriend was able to acquire the "official Santa Clause suit" worn in the Christmas parade! He was a jolly type of guy with natural rosy cheeks, perfert for the part ( that is, with some stuffing). I had a little red dress and some white tights and a Santa hat etc.. Santa's helper!
First, in costumes (not thinking) we went to Walmart for camera batteries and lots of those tiny candy canes! We ended up appoliging to some mothers cause all the children ran to Santa-- so he went ahead and played the part and passed out candy canes!.(unplanned but secretly fun!!!) Then we exited as quick as we could and went to the party.

There was a terrific restaurant and private club that put on a HUGE Halloween party/dance (adult couples and singles). The place was packed even in the balcony. You can Imagine when Santa entered the room, every one was "thrilled". The waiter had drinks at our table "Before" we were seated, "So where did these come from?" he pointed up in the balcony, that man wants to buy Santa and his helper a drink! That happened ALL night so we shared the drinks with whom ever came by our table. All the ladies wanted to dance with Santa and that was Ok! all the men then decided to dance with Santa's helper. ( we knew the majority of these people anyway) It was all in fun! Every body was having a terrific time!

Time for the band to go on break! Now EVERYONE was in costumes and they were all Good Ones. A couple of ladies came up to our table and wanted to sit on Santa's knee and tell him what they wanted for Chrismas! He scooted out his chair ( and I stood beside him) and they proceeded to tell him, "I want a Royals Royce" ,next lady "I want a fur coat"' etc.... So he reached in his sack and gave each lady a perfume sample. She was so thrilled she announced it to the crowd , "Oh look what Santa gave me".........Oh then here came a big line..so funny, everyone laughing! He "Really" played the part so well !
A man was in line with his wife and stood before Santa. A little stunned, Santa says, "and what can I bring you my good man for Christmas?" ... a pause and then the man pointed at me and said (in fun) , "I want her" -----Santa and I looked at each other , then then pulled out a chair for me next to him........you guessed it all the men then lined up in front of my chair and I passed out those tiny candy canes.
The band got a LONG break, the resturant was happy, every one had a big laugh and a great time. Santa lead the parade for the costume contest as we all marched around the room. Of course we won the couples contest, and lots of prizes were awarded in different categories. Additionally, the restaurant gave us 2 free tickets for steak dinners for pulling off ( and actually quite by accident) the last minute stunt of the Season!
Happy Halloween!
( this IS a True story!!!)
Very cute story Barbara! One time a good friend of mine came to a party as a bum. He had on dirty, tattered clothes with his hair all disheveled..... and huge "horn-rimmed" glasses,and a worn-out derby he was walking around with. (which he held out) He had several days of facial hair too. He wasn't saying anything....just walking around with this sad look and holding the hat out. His whole routine would remind one of Red Skelton. Some folks were putting candy in the hat....and some were putting money in! At first I played like he was real and was saying things like...."Poor guy wasn't invited....he just wondered in off the street" LOL! Some of the ladies were going, "Awwww.....poor guy" Then someone recognized him and everyone laughed! One guy said, "Gimme that money back dude!" Anyway....it's funny...cause the more beer he had....the more he "fit" into the role! Another funny thing is I talk to him from time to time.....and between the few acting gigs he gets...and "stand-up" comedy stints.....he has had to live the REAL life. (living sometimes out of his car...in L.A.)
Oct 17th 2013 new

That's a great story Barb. I don't have any cute stories to tell, at least not that I can say here. It gets pretty wild here in the Village on Halloween. Very interesting costumes too.

Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Very cute story Barbara! One time a good friend of mine came to a party as a bum. He had on dirty, tattered clothes with his hair all disheveled..... and huge "horn-rimmed" glasses,and a worn-out derby he was walking around with. (which he held out) He had several days of facial hair too. He wasn't saying anything....just walking around with this sad look and holding the hat out. His whole routine would remind one of Red Skelton. Some folks were putting candy in the hat....and some were putting money in! At first I played like he was real and was saying things like...."Poor guy wasn't invited....he just wondered in off the street" LOL! Some of the ladies were going, "Awwww.....poor guy" Then someone recognized him and everyone laughed! One guy said, "Gimme that money back dude!" Anyway....it's funny...cause the more beer he had....the more he "fit" into the role! Another funny thing is I talk to him from time to time.....and between the few acting gigs he gets...and "stand-up" comedy stints.....he has had to live the REAL life. (living sometimes out of his car...in L.A.)

Another great story Jerry. You're friend sounds like a big prankster in general.

Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:
Another great story Jerry. You're friend sounds like a big prankster in general.

He is.....and has done lots of radio spots doing voice impersonations. (he knows about 50 different ones!)
Oct 22nd 2013 new
May have told this one last year but here goes:
My sister and I would go out lots of Halloween nights until our parents thought us to be too old.
But once when we were kids we were going around to every house as clowns...but looked more like hobos! Our street had lots of good neighbors and was a "dead end" to an old estate and farmland which contained an "antebellum" mansion....and to each side a log cabin. (2)
It had a large gate opening to a gravel road leading up to the mansion. One of the descendants (a lady) was the only one who lived there....(we were told) She was elderly. All of the neighborhood kids (at least the ones we knew) were instructed to NEVER go to this house for anything much less "trick or treating" Most were too scared anyway. And OUR parents told us to not go there either. "You will bother the old lady...and she may not answer anyway" was the statement we got. But my sister and I wanted to be the ONLY kids to say we had been there....and that we were not afraid. (even though we were) So we went. The trees lining the road were making noise from the wind...but other than that...no other noises. I wanted to turn back...but my sister said.."We'll be okay...she might be nice and give us TONS of candy!" At eight ....the candy WON OUT! So we finally climbed the steps going up to door. We looked for a bell...and there was none. Only a "knocker" The sound it made startled us...almost too loud! After a few moments a lady opened it....and YES it had an audible squeal...just like the flicks. She looked so pleased that ANYONE would come to her door. "Awww....what cute outfits. Do you want to come in?" "We'll stand here" was my sister's response.
(nothing really remarkable about this lady except she DID look old...and her hair went in different directions)
"Let me see what I have for you fine children" (something to that effect) She brought out what looked like large popcorn balls rolled in plastic. So in parting she said "Come back anytime....and maybe I'll show you my doll collection in the cabin to the east" (pointing to the right) We said our goodbyes and hurriedly jogged down the road.
We kept assuring one another she was nice...but were none-the-less scared anyway. And relieved to be out of there!
When we got back home....my Mom who had the habit of dumping out all of our candy did so as usual...to inspect what "looked good" and what didn't. When she picked up the popcorn balls...she said, "Where did these come from?" My sister and I looked at each other and told her the truth. She said, "She's alive?" And we assured her she was nice and invited us in (and were quick to tell her we didn't) But we assured her she wasn't annoyed. (my Mom's eyes were noticeably bigger when we told her of the "invited in" part!)
"Nice or not.....you know where these are going...right? In the trash! And NO more going down there!"
We did go back one time (disobeyed again!) in the daytime and the lady remembered and she took us to the log cabin next door where we saw her doll collection. They were antique....and had to be worth lots of money. But I remembered some looked scary as you know what?! Anyway, we didn't go back. We thought the neighborhood kids wouldn't believe us....and wanted to "keep our secret" so we ended up deciding not to tell anyone.
I often think of the lady and now just believe she was nice~

Oct 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: May have told this one last year but here goes:
My sister and I would go out lots of Halloween nights until our parents thought us to be too old.
But once when we were kids we were going around to every house as clowns...but looked more like hobos! Our street had lots of good neighbors and was a "dead end" to an old estate and farmland which contained an "antebellum" mansion....and to each side a log cabin. (2)
It had a large gate opening to a gravel road leading up to the mansion. One of the descendants (a lady) was the only one who lived there....(we were told) She was elderly. All of the neighborhood kids (at least the ones we knew) were instructed to NEVER go to this house for anything much less "trick or treating" Most were too scared anyway. And OUR parents told us to not go there either. "You will bother the old lady...and she may not answer anyway" was the statement we got. But my sister and I wanted to be the ONLY kids to say we had been there....and that we were not afraid. (even though we were) So we went. The trees lining the road were making noise from the wind...but other than that...no other noises. I wanted to turn back...but my sister said.."We'll be okay...she might be nice and give us TONS of candy!" At eight ....the candy WON OUT! So we finally climbed the steps going up to door. We looked for a bell...and there was none. Only a "knocker" The sound it made startled us...almost too loud! After a few moments a lady opened it....and YES it had an audible squeal...just like the flicks. She looked so pleased that ANYONE would come to her door. "Awww....what cute outfits. Do you want to come in?" "We'll stand here" was my sister's response.
(nothing really remarkable about this lady except she DID look old...and her hair went in different directions)
"Let me see what I have for you fine children" (something to that effect) She brought out what looked like large popcorn balls rolled in plastic. So in parting she said "Come back anytime....and maybe I'll show you my doll collection in the cabin to the east" (pointing to the right) We said our goodbyes and hurriedly jogged down the road.
We kept assuring one another she was nice...but were none-the-less scared anyway. And relieved to be out of there!
When we got back home....my Mom who had the habit of dumping out all of our candy did so as usual...to inspect what "looked good" and what didn't. When she picked up the popcorn balls...she said, "Where did these come from?" My sister and I looked at each other and told her the truth. She said, "She's alive?" And we assured her she was nice and invited us in (and were quick to tell her we didn't) But we assured her she wasn't annoyed. (my Mom's eyes were noticeably bigger when we told her of the "invited in" part!)
"Nice or not.....you know where these are going...right? In the trash! And NO more going down there!"
We did go back one time (disobeyed again!) in the daytime and the lady remembered and she took us to the log cabin next door where we saw her doll collection. They were antique....and had to be worth lots of money. But I remembered some looked scary as you know what?! Anyway, we didn't go back. We thought the neighborhood kids wouldn't believe us....and wanted to "keep our secret" so we ended up deciding not to tell anyone.
I often think of the lady and now just believe she was nice~

Sorry Barbara I veered off track with the story....since it wasn't a "Party" story. My bad. embarassed .
Posts 1 - 10 of 17