Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I've been in the church all my life. Given plenty of time, service, and money. So I decided it was time for them to help me out because I'm unemployed. My parish won't help. Is there a way to get a refund of money donated. If not I'm done.
Oct 16th 2013 new
Praying

Hang in there, Justin, I will pray for you and your well-being!

Eric

Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-973561 said:

Hang in there, Justin, I will pray for you and your well-being!

Eric

Thanks Eric
I just woke up from a nap and I feel much less negative and gentle in spirit.
Justin
Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: I've been in the church all my life. Given plenty of time, service, and money. So I decided it was time for them to help me out because I'm unemployed. My parish won't help. Is there a way to get a refund of money donated. If not I'm done.
Prayers for you. We have had a family emergency fund in my parish for years. A collection is taken up whenever needed. Its very sustainable.
Oct 16th 2013 new
Praying Praying

Oct 16th 2013 new
hug

Hey, I thought we were gonna date and all. sorry And since I only consider men who are faithful, practicing Catholics, how's this supposed to work?

....sorry to hear. Each church has it's own mini-community that decides things. Sorry your's is making a decision like this. I know there are Catholic Churches out there that give support, whether you are a parishioner or not. Don't give up on our Church, just maybe try another nearby parish?

Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Hey, I thought we were gonna date and all. And since I only consider men who are faithful, practicing Catholics, how's this supposed to work?

If I leave the pity party. Haha
Just had a momentary lapse of reason. I will not leave a parish because things don't go my way. I'm back to level headedness. I feel like a fool for posting this nonsensical topic. Thanks for your support.
Justin

Oct 16th 2013 new
Praying theheart hugDo not feel the fool, we are all human! That's partly why we need our church! Praying theheart hug
Oct 16th 2013 new
Justin - It isn't "The Church" that has treated you unkindly but the individuals at this particular parish. You live in a large city so there are, I am sure, many many other Catholic churches. Some of them might have a different policy on helping people in need. I hope you can find a parish that is more compatible with your needs.

I've never heard of a church giving refunds but there are lots of things I have not heard of.

I'll remember you in my prayers for the job situation. Hang in there! It will get better.
Oct 16th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-1002926 said: I've been in the church all my life. Given plenty of time, service, and money. So I decided it was time for them to help me out because I'm unemployed. My parish won't help. Is there a way to get a refund of money donated. If not I'm done.
Iwish I had been there- I have a garden that needs weeding- I could pay you to do it if you knew how...
Posts 1 - 10 of 50