Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I don't have cable, an ipod, ipad, I have an ereader I got for Christmas one year but never use it, I don't have a gps or any of the latest gadgets. It's not that I don't like technology it's just that I don't care.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I don't have cable, an ipod, ipad, I have an ereader I got for Christmas one year but never use it, I don't have a gps or any of the latest gadgets. It's not that I don't like technology it's just that I don't care.
I have a gps, cable internet and a cell phone, and that's it. Don't miss it either. Now an ereader might be interesting and might actually save space. Too many interesting books to read!
Oct 17th 2013 new
Besides my iMac at home, I have a dumbphone- a Tracfone that you buy prepaid minutes and no monthly payments- about a hundred bucks a year. Traveling on the road I can be reached by cell in an emergency, but I am otherwise happily without internet. It's when I catch up on my reading. All the driving I do visiting friends and assorted relatives would be a nightmare without my GPS however. It has a pleasant female voice which I'm madly in love with. My granddaughter tried to teach me to text last year, but it didn't take.
I don't have cable either, but with HDTV rabbit ears ($40 at Best Buy), I can receive about a dozen local stations quite clearly. I rarely watch TV anyway, and swore a long time ago I'd never pay for reception.
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: I have a gps, cable internet and a cell phone, and that's it. Don't miss it either. Now an ereader might be interesting and might actually save space. Too many interesting books to read!
Jim, I had an Amazon Kindle e-reader but couldn't figure out how the dang thing worked. Gave it to my niece who has severe emotional difficulties, and she loves it. I like the feel of a thick book anyway.
Oct 17th 2013 new
I haven't turned to to gps yet but might if I leave town to travel........
............I love my mac and my iphone........................
and now text as many deaf people on on my speed dial...........
......will ditch the cable .....................if my anxious very dependent
youngest son
ever moves out ....................but we are both addicted to the nhl
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Jim, I had an Amazon Kindle e-reader but couldn't figure out how the dang thing worked. Gave it to my niece who has severe emotional difficulties, and she loves it. I like the feel of a thick book anyway.
Peter, I too like the feel of thick book,, and I like to underline good passages in the book, but lack of space is forcing me to reconsider. I'm a total nerd and like my books, and bibles too. Even now I am marking up what I'm studying.
Oct 17th 2013 new
My dinosaur desktop died about 6 months ago. I haven't replaced it, but did acquire a hand me down laptop from my college daughter who upgraded to a Mac. Tried to use the laptop for chatting on CM the other night but kept getting some sort of error message that I did not understand. I have a 5 year old dumb phone which I do use for texting to the children. I broke down and bought a Kindle a few months ago. I like it, and use it for all internet needs, for reading, for music, calculator and a few other apps. I have cable, but haven't turned the tv on weeks. Oh and I borrow my friends GPS when I travel.
Oct 17th 2013 new
Ok I am going against the grain here I hope you don't mind...? I love electronics and gadgets the more the better. Although I don't own much anymore. I have some and am fascinated by them. I love the feel of a good book however don't care for a kindle unless I was a traveler. Please forgive me! hug eyepopping
Oct 17th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I don't have cable, an ipod, ipad, I have an ereader I got for Christmas one year but never use it, I don't have a gps or any of the latest gadgets. It's not that I don't like technology it's just that I don't care.
I bought my first pre-paid phone last year and it was only because I thought if I had car trouble-who can you call-no pay phones in my area. I bought a computer two years ago and do have basic cable for the TV.
Oct 17th 2013 new
I'll cop to owning two smartphones, an iPad, a Kindle Fire and no more than three laptops. But my personal phone is just an iPhone 3GS that I still haven't upgraded. I don't care about having this year's model -- that's when you start paying out the nose. I actually won the iPad in a contest. And I've never owned a television or had cable -- I pay $8/mo for Netflix and can watch a ton of stuff online or on the tablet if I want to.
Posts 1 - 10 of 47