Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Fashion forever

Oct 18th 2013 new
What current clothing fashions do you hope will quickly disappear?
Oct 18th 2013 new
Wearing pants below the buttocks and exposing their under garments.
Oct 18th 2013 new
Wide leg (flared) pants. They are tripping hazards and also look ridiculous.
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Wearing pants below the buttocks and exposing their under garments.
I alternate between telling my students two things: You think you look cool and I think you look like a Teletubby gone wrong," and "Pull up your pants. If a girl wants to see your underwear she will communicate that information to you. We, (meaning the ladies in this classroom), don't!" The short version that I greet sagging boys with the 'Teletubby hello' when they walk in and the boys laugh and pull up their pants. Teaching: it's all about procedures!

For anyone who's been off planet for a while, here's the Teletubbies intro, including their hello. www.youtube.com So creepy!
Oct 18th 2013 new
The leggings that look like someone is wearing "tights" without pants. I recently saw a little girl, about ten who had them so tight it was pathetic. Even if a guy or gal have a great figure leggings look more classy with a long tunic-so sad there isn't any idea of modesty just everyone trying to look "hot".
Oct 18th 2013 new
Accckkk!!! Totally agree! Leggings are not pants! wide eyed eyepopping
This is unquestionably the worst trend! They are basically leotards, and they need a layer on top to look decent. Ladies, they do NOT make you look skinny. They make you look like you forgot to finish dressing yourself. Please, please do NOT commit this crime against fashion.
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Wide leg (flared) pants. They are tripping hazards and also look ridiculous.
Hey, no fair~ I still have my Navy bellbottoms! Of course they don't fit around my waist! embarassed
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: What current clothing fashions do you hope will quickly disappear?
My biggest beef is the de rigueur "hip-hop" uniform among many young males. Sadly some guys even wear it into their forties. Starting at the top, their version of a ball cap, only it must be several sizes too large with a flat brim usually turned to the side. Earrings. Must have earrings. Tattoos a must. To be really cool, neck tattoos. Next we have an oversized, baggy football jersey that must reach the knees. The pants must also be baggy and reach only midway between the knees and ankles, distorting the human form to appear as though he has the short legs of a dwarf. Finally, to complete the uniform- flashy designer tennis shoes. Untied, naturally.
Oct 18th 2013 new
Blue Jeans without Lycra in them, especially for women. I want real 100% cotton jeans like there use to be 10+ years ago. The rest of fashions I can deal with except for saggy britches rolling eyes rolling eyes
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Rhonda-45054 said: Blue Jeans without Lycra in them, especially for women. I want real 100% cotton jeans like there use to be 10+ years ago. The rest of fashions I can deal with except for saggy britches
Sorry that should have been with not without.
Posts 1 - 10 of 57