Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 18th 2013 new
Soooooooooo excited - bottom of the 8th, Cards are leading over the Dodgers 9-0 in Game 6. Not to get ahead of myself, but it looks like my Cards are World Series bound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 18th 2013 new
It's official - they WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! #CardinalNation
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: It's official - they WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!! #CardinalNation
They pound the Dodgers 9-0 in Game 6 and advance to the World Series. :party; highfive biggrin
Oct 19th 2013 new
Will they be playing the Red Sox?

I was in Vietnam during the 1967 World Series when the Cardinals played the Red Sox. As a Coast Guard ENS, and a Deck Watch Officer, I bet $5.00 w/ a MA QM3 that the Cardinals would win, which they did.

I stood a lot of "Mid Watches" (midnite-to-0400) in Vietnam and this particular MA QM3 and I worked well together. Might see if I can find him on Facebook ... not to bet again, but just for old times sake.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-432657 said: They pound the Dodgers 9-0 in Game 6 and advance to the World Series. :party;
Cardinals win the series 4 games to 2.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-432657 said: Cardinals win the series 4 games to 2.
Definitely was a fun series to watch - the Dodgers are a great team!
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Will they be playing the Red Sox?
I hope not! Go Tigers!!!! (Need to win today AND tomorrow!)

gangster stocking
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: I hope not! Go Tigers!!!! (Need to win today AND tomorrow!)

They sure do and if my memory is correct it was 1968 when the Tigers played the Cards and came back from a three and zero series.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: They sure do and if my memory is correct it was 1968 when the Tigers played the Cards and came back from a three and zero series.
'68 Tigers came back from 3-1 against the Cards.

No one has ever come back from 3-0 to win the World Series. The Red Sox came back from 3-0 to beat the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS .... the only time that has ever happened in the MLB playoffs.
Oct 20th 2013 new
Its Time for "Fever Pitch "
Posts 1 - 10 of 103