Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I can recall as a small child my father taking me along as he bought ground coffee beans at ME Swings in Washington, DC. There were two long rows of bins at my eye level containing coffee beans from all over the world. Even today the wonderful aroma of ground coffee brings back that pleasant childhood memory:

http://www.swingscoffee.com
Oct 18th 2013 new
Fried Chicken in my grandma's farm kitchen. Followed by peach cobbler from my grandma's kitchen.
Oct 18th 2013 new
(quote) Jan-805954 said: Fried Chicken in my grandma's farm kitchen. Followed by peach cobbler from my grandma's kitchen.
Stop Jan, you're making me hungry! Hope you have your grandma's recipes!
Oct 18th 2013 new
The aroma of freshly roasted coffee beans from the Folgers plant in Kansas City, MO - not a childhood memory, but a favorite!
Oct 19th 2013 new
The smell of bacon and eggs, my dad made this breakfast for himself nearly everyday on his workdays. He got up at 4:30 am and as a kid the odor would reach our bedrooms. My Dad would never consider waking my Mom that early to do something he could do for himself.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Most memorable as a child... easy... the smell, and taste of bananas.

Yup, I had seen bananas and once smelled them at an open market, but could not afford one as they were a rarity in 1960's Croatia. Then when our plane touched down in Portland, as we emigrated to the USA in 1969, my uncle had a whole crate of bananas waiting for us at his home. I was in heaven!!!

Bananas today, meh, they're ok.

Fun thread Peter; thanks!

Ok, movie time...
Oct 19th 2013 new
I would have to say French toast that my mom cooked. Also my grandpa beans or soups... he was great cook and it always smelled really great!
I would have to say my mom's peanut butter cookies and chocolate cookies too.
Oct 19th 2013 new
A wood burning stove. I spent a lot of time at my dad's archery range, and the clubhouse was heated with big black wood stove. I loved it when the caretaker let me put the wood in, once I got old enough!
Oct 19th 2013 new
The smell of new toys! That plastic-y type smell. biggrin
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: The smell of new toys! That plastic-y type smell.
Yes!It still gets me laughing hug
Posts 1 - 10 of 70