Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 19th 2013 new
The scent of curing hay in the evenings .Mum's apple rolly-polly.Lilacs. Cool breezes coming on a change from down south cow- country after a hot Summers day.Kittens and pups,lambs and calves angel fluffy
Oct 19th 2013 new
My Mom's chicken soup, as well as her butter cookies.

The smell of a Christmas tree in a warm house on a cold winter's night.

Most of all, the smell of my Mother.
Oct 19th 2013 new
My favorite smell from childhood is the aroma of my mom baking homemade cinnamon rolls in the farmhouse I grew up in. It was such a special time to be with her. Still when i smell the aroma of cinnamon it can take me right back to our kitchen.
Oct 19th 2013 new
The perfume of lilacs that wafted from our neighbor's bushes....

The farmhouse breakfasts in Wisconsin--eggs and bacon....

Thanksgiving turkey--my mom's smelled & tasted the best, & I've not been able to duplicate that....

Winter changing into spring--there was a certain scent as the snows melted that foretold warmer times....

Freshly-dug dirt as my dad and I worked in the garden....

A real Christmas tree....

The fried onions & pork chops my dad would cook....

Bazooka bubble gum....

Wind Song--my first cologne....

How my son smelled when he was an infant (and with a clean diaper)--ok, that's an aroma from HIS childhood....
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: My Mom's chicken soup, as well as her butter cookies.

heart

I lost my mom as a girl, but I'll remember that smell forever.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Sheets and pillowcases that were dried outside on the line.
Freshly baked bread and povitica.
Cap gun smoke.
Oct 19th 2013 new
I can't remember having a favorite but I do remember taking delight with my dad's smoke stained fire turnouts.
Oct 19th 2013 new
Oh yes sheets dried outside. . .

Honeysuckle from the bush in our backyard, the smell of my grandmother -- soft lavender, Thanksgiving dinner cooking, Mr. Hartman's pipe tobacco, Jean Nate bath splash and Chantilly Lace perfume and Irish Spring soap (my dad) and Dove soap (my aunt) and Old Spice cologne, spring rain and freshly cut grass, Comet cleaner and Pine Sol. . .oh and the bar shaving soap or Barbasol shaving cream. . .

What a fun and sweet topic. . .Now I am feeling wistful
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: My Mom's chicken soup, as well as her butter cookies.

The live Christmas tree smell from our own home.

Lilacs at my Grandma's. To this day, when I smell lilacs, I think of my sweet Grandma.
Oct 19th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-755074 said: Sheets and pillowcases that were dried outside on the line.
Freshly baked bread and povitica.
Cap gun smoke.
Oh, yeah--cap gun smell!
Posts 11 - 20 of 70